Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Csv format output file using scirpt Post 302792599 by ahamed101 on Wednesday 10th of April 2013 04:29:47 PM
Old 04-10-2013
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{a="|";b="="}
function prt_hdr_ftr(val){
  printf a; for(i=0;i<=50;i++)printf b;print a
}
function prt_data(){
 for(i in data) printf "%-s %-25s%-10s%16s\n",a,i,data[i],a
}
/Checking Result/{split($0,x,"-");c=x[2];p=1;next}
p{split($0,x,"[: .]");data[x[1]]=x[6]}
END{
prt_hdr_ftr();printf "%-s%20s%32s\n",a,"Report Status",a
prt_hdr_ftr();printf "%-s %-25s%-10s%10s\n",a,"Server",c,a
prt_hdr_ftr()prt_data()prt_hdr_ftr()
}'  infile

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

format output in csv file

I am sending the output of a file to .csv file. The output should look like this: Total Customers Processed:,8 Total Customers Skipped:,0 Total Customers Added:,8 Total Customers Changed:,0 Total Policies Deleted:,0 Total Policies Failed:,0 total:,8 Now i want this output in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prashant Jain
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting into CSV format of SQL session output

I am getting a no of fields from a SQL session (e.g. select a,b,c from table). How do I convert the output values into CSV format . The output should be like this 'a','b','c', (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output in csv format

I'm just wondering is there any way to capture the output of a unix command in a csv format. df -h gives the result of filesystem,free space,Used space, use %,mounted on. Is there a way to capture the command output and format it as comma sparated or fixed length file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anita81
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself

Hi, all I want to sort a csv file based on timestamp from oldest to newest and save the output as csv file itself. Here is an example of my csv file. test.csv SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0739.JPG,2015:02:17 11:32:21 /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0749.JPG,2015:02:17 11:37:28... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to translate df -h output into a CSV format?

Hi, Can someone please let me know as how I can send the below df -h format of a linux system into a CSV format ? Resource Size GiB Used GiB Avail GiB Use% Cleanable GiB* ---------------- -------- -------- --------- ---- -------------- /data: pre-comp -... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2prog
10 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)