Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Beginner UNIX question. tail and find commands Post 302792565 by Praveen_218 on Wednesday 10th of April 2013 03:43:14 PM
Old 04-10-2013
There is a separate section in the forum for 'homework questions'.

Guess, moderators are likely have your this thread aligned to the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

where i can find list of UNIX commands for daily operations ?

Hi There, Can anyone help, where i can find list of UNIX commands just for regulat day ro day operations Thanx MGR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgoutham
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Find commands

thank you for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scooter17
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find filenames like unix commands

Hi, I need to write a small script to search in some specific directories to check if any file is present with a unix command name... Means if the directory contains any files like cat, vi, grep, find etc i need to list those files into a file. Please help Thanks, D (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I need help to find some unix commands

Hey everyone, I need some help for some unix commands. - List all processes in the file "ProcessUser.txt" sorted by the users and in the file "ProcessName.txt" sorted by the name of the process. - How much time does the command "ls -alR /" need and compared to that, how much time is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZOCKER3000
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple tail -f commands

I need to execute a program which will generate some alarms. I wish to capture those alarms in a single output file. I executed with following command on linux: tail -f test1.alarms -f test2.alarms|awk 'NR>20' >> output But however when I tried to execute same on solaris platforms it fails.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhallarandeep
2 Replies

6. Programming

Where to find sources of UNIX commands???

Dear friends, I believe that all unix commands are programs which are written in c language, please correct me if I am wrong. Now suppose that I want to see the c source of common commands like echo, ls, mkdir etc, where I can I find the source, linux is open source I believe, so the source for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to modify a delimited file using UNIX commands. Please find description

i have a '|' delimited file having 4 fields. now i want to sort the data by combination of first three fields without changing order of 4th field. input file looks like this: 3245|G|kop|45 1329|A|uty|76 9878|K|wer|12 3245|G|kop|15 1329|A|uty|56 9878|K|wer|2 3245|G|kop|105... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurgoyal2408
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to find a solution using UNIX commands

I have the below requirement. below is the content of the input file and my expected result Input file: a.txt <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Employee> <Name>XXXX</Name> <ID>1233</ID> </Employee> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Employee> <Name>YYYY</Name> <ID>1345</ID>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX commands question

if ] then rm -rf Can anyone tell me what are they checking in the if loop Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX commands question

I am using HP-UXsystem. I am unable to use the below sed commands. could you please let us know the alternate commands for it. >sed '/unix/ c "Change line"' file.txt sed '/unix/ i "Add a new line"' file.txt any inputs please (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
5 Replies
CD(9)							   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						     CD(9)

NAME
cd -- CDROM driver for the CAM SCSI subsystem DESCRIPTION
The cd device driver provides a read only interface for CDROM drives (SCSI type 5) and WORM drives (SCSI type 4) that support CDROM type com- mands. Some drives do not behave as the driver expects. See the QUIRKS section for information on possible flags. QUIRKS
Each CD-ROM device can have different interpretations of the SCSI spec. This can lead to drives requiring special handling in the driver. The following is a list of quirks that the driver recognize. CD_Q_NO_TOUCH This flag tell the driver not to probe the drive at attach time to see if there is a disk in the drive and find out what size it is. This flag is currently unimplemented in the CAM cd driver. CD_Q_BCD_TRACKS This flag is for broken drives that return the track numbers in packed BCD instead of straight decimal. If the drive seems to skip tracks (tracks 10-15 are skipped) then you have a drive that is in need of this flag. CD_Q_NO_CHANGER This flag tells the driver that the device in question is not a changer. This is only necessary for a CDROM device with multiple luns that are not a part of a changer. CD_Q_CHANGER This flag tells the driver that the given device is a multi-lun changer. In general, the driver will figure this out auto- matically when it sees a LUN greater than 0. Setting this flag only has the effect of telling the driver to run the initial read capacity command for LUN 0 of the changer through the changer scheduling code. CD_Q_10_BYTE_ONLY This flag tells the driver that the given device only accepts 10 byte MODE SENSE/MODE SELECT commands. In general these types of quirks should not be added to the cd(4) driver. The reason is that the driver does several things to attempt to determine whether the drive in question needs 10 byte commands. First, it issues a CAM Path Inquiry command to determine whether the protocol that the drive speaks typically only allows 10 byte commands. (ATAPI and USB are two prominent exam- ples of protocols where you generally only want to send 10 byte commands.) Then, if it gets an ILLEGAL REQUEST error back from a 6 byte MODE SENSE or MODE SELECT command, it attempts to send the 10 byte version of the command instead. The only reason you would need a quirk is if your drive uses a protocol (e.g., SCSI) that typically does not have a problem with 6 byte commands. FILES
/sys/cam/scsi/scsi_cd.c is the driver source file. SEE ALSO
cd(4), scsi(4) HISTORY
The cd manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>. It was updated for CAM and FreeBSD 3.0 by Kenneth Merry <ken@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
September 2, 2003 BSD