Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace all ip addresses in all files in directory in ksh? Post 302792211 by sanzee007 on Wednesday 10th of April 2013 02:28:07 AM
Old 04-10-2013
Thanks guru for the reply,
sorry i can;t go with perl. However the replacement should be like -
Code:
$ cat file
abc 10.122.53
efg 25.a23.33.44

output-
Code:
$ cat file
abc 10.122.53
xx.xxx.xx.x
efg 25.a23.33.44
xx.xxx.xxx.xx

So it will be equal number of x's for equal number of digits in ip address.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: How to get latest file from a list of files in a directory

Hi, I need to get the latest file from a list of files in a particular directory. Please could anyone help me out to get the file. Thank you, - Jay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayathirtha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search and replace in multiple files in directory hierarchy

Hello all I need to search and replace in multiple files that are in directory hierarchy Im using the : find . -name "*.dsp" -print | xargs grep -n -o Test.lib" , I like to be able to replace every instance of Test.lib with empty space . how can I write one liner that does this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace string in a directory files

Hi, I have a directory has DIR1 and the D1 directory has 200+ files. I want change the string from "Bangalore" to "Bangaluru" in all files in the D1 directory. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to do search and replace on text files in directory

I was google searching and found Perl as a command line utility tool This almost solves my problem: find . | xargs perl -p -i.old -e 's/oldstring/newstring/g' I think this would create a new file for every file in my directory tree. Most of my files will not contain oldstring and I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in all files under a directory and its subdirectories

Hello Friends, I've been trying to write a script which finds a string and change it with another string. For this i want to search all files (with its arguments) under a spesific directory and its subdirectories. For example lets assume i want to replace an IP= 192.168.0.4 with another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find files and replace them in a directory in Shell scripting

I have a directory /java/unix/data In data directory i have so many files from which i want to find some files who look alike below.(there are number of such below such files as well different files too in the data directory) -68395#svg.xml -56789#ghi.xml -67894#gjk.org -56734#gil.txt I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratima.kumari
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace words in mutiple files under the same directory

I would like to get help to find how to replace word in files from command line instead of to vi to each file. This is the command i am running now. grep <old word> * vi (file with the word found in it) 1,$s/<old word>/<new word>/g It would very helpful if I can combine these in one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ywu081006
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace directory paths in multiple files at once

I need to update about 2400 files in a directory subtree, with a new directory path inside the files I need to change this occurence in all files: /d2/R12AB/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2 with this: /u01/PROD/apps/apps_st/10.1.3 I know how to change single words using "find . -type f -print0 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wicus
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for all ip addresses mentioned in all files in a Directory

I wish to traverse all files and folders under a given directory say "/tmp/configuration" and for all ip address mentioned therein. I tried find ./ -type f | xargs grep "*.*.*.*" but it does not populated the correct results. Can you please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check for files and move it to another directory - ksh

I'm trying to wirte ksh script for given requirement, but i unable to achive it. In dir1 directory I need to check for the files which suffixed with .csv or .txt, If there is no files, then i need to exit. If any files found I need to move the each file found to dir2 directory. I have to repeat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kayal
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)