Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions Post 302790231 by RudiC on Friday 5th of April 2013 03:03:08 AM
Old 04-05-2013
Did you make that .iso available as a CD/DVD drive to your virtual machine?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Instaling JVM

Hi Everyone I`ve just started with unix can some please help me execute this command via webmin on avirtual server or how do you execute such .bin file this is the error ./j2sdk-1_3_1_15-linux-i586.bin: not found > ls -l total 69124 -rw------- 1 root wheel 8380 May 15 18:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Carlos MC05
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem Instaling Solaris

hi I was trying to install Solaris on my PC. when i selected Auto Ejaection of cd & auto reboot.....then it displayed that u will need to manually eject current disk, & Select an appropriate boot media to avoid installation process again.. then after selecting appropriate options, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem in instaling package SUNWman

Hi All, I am trying to install the package from CD rom and i am unable to do. i have located the package in CD and its there however when i am trying to run pkgadd -d /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc_5/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman i am getting error pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

additions

Hi I have a decimal number and want to add to 1 to Firstnumber ,2 to 2nd number .Please any one help I/p 10000.0000 20000.00 Expecting o/p 10001.000 200002.00 Regards, Akil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't open VirtualBox from Tera Term X11 error

Telnet into Solairs10 with Tera term. Go to sub /opt/VirtualBox and type # VirtualBox Failed to open the X11 display! How do I open X11 display? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
17 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Virtualbox guest as a firewall for lUbuntu host

Using virtualbox, I am trying to use Alpine linux (guest) as a firewall for my lubuntu (host). My physical network card (NIC) is eth0. ISP WAN -> Alpine linux (guest) -> lubuntu (host) LAN I am trying to get the ip from my ISP DHCP server but I had no success. I know that in virtualbox I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrickySecurity
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Oracle VirtualBox Guest Additions installation help

Good day I recently attempted to to install Vbox Guest additions on CentOS 7.(Running on Windows 7 ) The packages downloaded fine . However when attempting to run the installer on CentOS 7 for vboxadditions_5.1.28_117968 , I received an error message written to ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrRobot
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line additions

Evening: For quite some time I've searched for the correct procedure(S) to get LM 18.3X "live" (usb pendrive) to recognize/accept a casper-rw partiton. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do; https://www.unix.com/usbubuntu.wordpress.com/make-it-persistent/ ...only with LM 18. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
0 Replies
cimauth(8)																cimauth(8)

NAME
cimauth - add, modify, remove, or list CIM namespace authorizations of users SYNOPSIS
cimauth -a -u username -n namespace [ -R ] [ -W ] cimauth -m -u username -n namespace [ -R ] [ -W ] cimauth -r -u username [ -n namespace ] cimauth -l cimauth -h cimauth --help cimauth --version DESCRIPTION
The cimauth command manages read and write CIM namespace authorizations of users. The operations are executed on the local host by submit- ting requests to the CIM Server. If the value of the configuration property enableNamespaceAuthorization is True , the CIM Server restricts access to namespaces based on user authorizations configured via cimauth . Changes to "Dynamic" authorization parameters does not require the CIM Server to be restarted. "Non Dynamic" configuration properties (E.g. enableNamespaceAuthorization ) can only be set as planned configuration and the CIM Server needs to be restarted to realize the change. (See cimconfig (8) for information on configuring the CIM Server.) Options The cimauth command recognizes the following options: -a Adds read and/or write authorizations to the specified user on the specified namespace. If neither the -R nor the -W option is specified, adds a read authorization by default. -h, --help Display command usage information. -l Lists all the authorizations configured in the CIM Server. -m Modifies authorizations of the specified user on the specified namespace. If neither the -R nor the -W option is specified, modifies the authorization to be a read authorization by default. -n namespace Specifies the R namespace for the operation. -r Removes authorizations of the specified user on the specified namespace. If no namespaces are specified, removes authorizations on all namespaces for the specified user. -R Specifies read authorization on the namespace. -u username Specifies the user for the operation. The specified R username must represent a valid user on the local host. --version Display CIM Server version number. -W Specifies write authorization on the namespace. EXIT STATUS
When an error occurs, an error message is written to stderr and an error value of 1 is returned. The following return values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Error USAGE NOTE
The cimauth command requires that the CIM Server is running. EXAMPLES
Add read authorizations to user "guest" on namespace "root/cimv2". cimauth -a -u guest -n root/cimv2 -R Add read and write authorizations to user "guest" on namespace "root/system". cimauth -a -u guest -n root/system -R -W Modify authorizations of the user "guest" on namespace "root/system" to read only. cimauth -m -u guest -n root/system -R Remove the authorizations of the user "guest" on namespace "root/system". cimauth -r -u guest -n root/system List all the authorizations configured in the CIM Server. cimauth -l SEE ALSO
cimserver(8), cimconfig(8). cimauth(8)