Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions Post 302789809 by upvan111 on Thursday 4th of April 2013 08:46:59 AM
Old 04-04-2013
Re: verr not supported

i have checked in
Code:
 /usr/lib/----/virtualbox/

guestaddition.iso is present there .

---------- Post updated at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:45 AM ----------

i have also change their permissions and made them executable . (777) . also tried updating and upgrading the system . still showing the same error.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Instaling JVM

Hi Everyone I`ve just started with unix can some please help me execute this command via webmin on avirtual server or how do you execute such .bin file this is the error ./j2sdk-1_3_1_15-linux-i586.bin: not found > ls -l total 69124 -rw------- 1 root wheel 8380 May 15 18:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Carlos MC05
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem Instaling Solaris

hi I was trying to install Solaris on my PC. when i selected Auto Ejaection of cd & auto reboot.....then it displayed that u will need to manually eject current disk, & Select an appropriate boot media to avoid installation process again.. then after selecting appropriate options, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem in instaling package SUNWman

Hi All, I am trying to install the package from CD rom and i am unable to do. i have located the package in CD and its there however when i am trying to run pkgadd -d /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc_5/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman i am getting error pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

additions

Hi I have a decimal number and want to add to 1 to Firstnumber ,2 to 2nd number .Please any one help I/p 10000.0000 20000.00 Expecting o/p 10001.000 200002.00 Regards, Akil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't open VirtualBox from Tera Term X11 error

Telnet into Solairs10 with Tera term. Go to sub /opt/VirtualBox and type # VirtualBox Failed to open the X11 display! How do I open X11 display? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIFT3R
17 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Virtualbox guest as a firewall for lUbuntu host

Using virtualbox, I am trying to use Alpine linux (guest) as a firewall for my lubuntu (host). My physical network card (NIC) is eth0. ISP WAN -> Alpine linux (guest) -> lubuntu (host) LAN I am trying to get the ip from my ISP DHCP server but I had no success. I know that in virtualbox I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrickySecurity
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Oracle VirtualBox Guest Additions installation help

Good day I recently attempted to to install Vbox Guest additions on CentOS 7.(Running on Windows 7 ) The packages downloaded fine . However when attempting to run the installer on CentOS 7 for vboxadditions_5.1.28_117968 , I received an error message written to ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrRobot
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line additions

Evening: For quite some time I've searched for the correct procedure(S) to get LM 18.3X "live" (usb pendrive) to recognize/accept a casper-rw partiton. Here is an example of what I'm trying to do; https://www.unix.com/usbubuntu.wordpress.com/make-it-persistent/ ...only with LM 18. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
0 Replies
PDB_ODSAM(8)															      PDB_ODSAM(8)

NAME
pdb_odsam - Open Directory account information database for smbd SYNOPSIS
The pdb_odsam plugin is the default account information database backend used on Mac OS X. It makes users and groups record from Open Directory available to Samba. idmap_odsam should always be used in conjunction with the odsam passdb backend. OPTIONS
odsam: map guest to guest = BOOL If this is true (the default), pdb_odsam map the literal username "guest" to the configured guest account. This makes "guest" an alias for the configured guest account regardless of whether an account named "guest" exists or not. odsam: msglevel = LEVEL LEVEL is the integer log level at which pdb_odsam should emit log messages. The lower LEVEL is, the more verbose the log messages. odsam: traceall = BOOL If this is true, pdb_odsam will emit log messages for all Open Directory calls. If it is false (the default), it will only log errors. EXAMPLES
[global] idmap domain = default idmap config default:default = yes idmap config default:backend = odsam idmap alloc backend = odsam passdb backend = odsam odsam: msglevel = 0 # Log at debugging levels odsam: traceall = no # Do not trace Open Directory calls BUGS
Please report bugs to Apple. SEE ALSO
DirectoryService(8), smb.conf(5), smbd(8) PDB_ODSAM(8)