Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VMware Solaris Guest - How do I boot from CD? Post 302784271 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 21st of March 2013 10:30:22 PM
Old 03-21-2013
Thank you for the followup.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

unable to connect to solaris guest in vmware

hi All, I require your help and suggestion in this. I have a solaris 10 (guest) installed on a vmware and my host OS is windows 2003 server. i am trying to conenct to the solaris 10 from my local Pc through putty, but unable to connect. please advice what setup or prerequitsites are required to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bathija
4 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cmd to start guest in VMware server 2.0

Is there any command in VMware Server 2.0 to poweron/start the guests like we have vmware-cmd ESX server 3.5 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Linux

Interesting challenge getting SSH from outside to my VMWare guest

Hi, I'm working on getting more acquainted with VMWare and the SUSE SLES OS, so I've downloaded and created a guest running SLES 11 SP1. This works great, no problems. However, there's some funny-ness (is that a word?) when I'm attempting/testing to SSH from outside my local LAN into the guest.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux on vmware won't boot due to corrupt library file!

We have an issue here: The libc.so.6 file (link) is corrupted and it causes the system unbootable. It even doesn't boot to single user mode. How can we boot the system to fix the library file? Or is there any other solutions for this issue? Here are some boot messages:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris x86 guest in vmware workstation

I swear I have no other devices on the vmnet 192.168.142.2, but after I configured one of the solaris x86 os, I kept getting warning ..node xx xxxxx have our ip addresss 192.168.142.2, and it scrolled thru it forever .. I tried to boot it into single user mode , still having the same issue.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure network connectivity as guest O.S under vmware

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. What I did was to download vmware onto my laptop, them install a linux distro as a guest O.S., on VM network configuration I have used "bridge", them I used Virtual Network Editor to chose the network interface, but as I write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Canīt install Solaris in guest domain

Hi, i installed Solaris 11 in T2000. I have 2 guest domains, and i want to install Solaris 10 on a guest domain and Solaris 9 on another. I added a vdsdev with the iso file to primary, and then i added a vdisk to guest domain but it doesnt recognize as boot disk. I even tried with lofiadm -a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Long time to boot RHEV guest Linux VM.

Trying to investigate on long boot time of a linux guest in RHEV Host. Before executing init 6/reboot command , I noticed the time of shutdown and also recorded the time after boot . It takes around 20-25 mins in booting. In boot logs I can find the time stamps for the very first event... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 LDOM guest network not working

I'm really stuck here. I've created an LDOM on a SPARC T4-1 with Solaris 11.4 to run a copy of Linux for SPARC. I got the Linux ISO installed and Linux itself installed and booted OK. The only thing is is that there's no networking available in the Linux guest. This question is basically the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)