Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Access UNIX server based on windows Post 302784031 by Corona688 on Thursday 21st of March 2013 11:04:53 AM
Old 03-21-2013
Use some other browser to browse it, or log in with a shell perhaps?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

2. AIX

how to allow Windows platform to access Unix based disk volumes

How to allow Windows platform to access Unix(AIX) based disk volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs access in windows fetching the data from a unix server

How I can get the logs that are getting stored in specific location in unix server through an Apache web server installed in unix server? Requirement is to access the logs through the URL in windows browser without any access. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvida
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To access UNIX server from Tk application running on Windows

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I want to know that if I make an application in Tk (version of Tcl to create GUI) in windows and want to run to UNIX server, is it possible ? In other words, can I access a UNIX server through a Tk application running on windows ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ratneshnagori
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can Unix access Windows' File through Command Prompt in Unix

Hi all, I wish to know whether Unix can access window's file in Unix's terminal? Apart from that, how to copy files or share files between Window and Unix? I get to know of secure copy, however, my company's Unix does not support the feature of secure copy? Any other method for me to share/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Access Linux server from windows

I can access the linux server in my company from my desktop windows explorer. I guess samba is working. Please see the images. http://imageshack.us/a/img854/7106/9yvl.png I have a few questions. I don't have the linux account and I have never accessed it from shell. Is my windows login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
hman(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   hman(1)

NAME
hman - browse the on-line manual pages SYNOPSIS
hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] name hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] [ index ] DESCRIPTION
The hman script is an interface to man2html(1) that allows you to enter man page requests at the command line and view the output in your favourite browser. The behaviour reminds of that of man(1) so that many people will be able to alias hman to man. If the browser used is netscape, and an incarnation of netscape is running already, hman will pass the request to the existing browser. OPTIONS
-P browser Specify which browser (like lynx, xmosaic, arena, chimera, netscape, amaya, ...) to use. This option overrides the MANHTMLPAGER environment variable. The default is the non-httpd version of lynx, or sensible-browser if lynx cannot be found. -H host Specify from what host to get the man pages. This option overrides the MANHTMLHOST environment variable. The default is localhost. ENVIRONMENT
MANHTMLPAGER The default browser to use is selected using this environment variable. MANHTMLHOST The default host to use is selected using this environment variable. SEE ALSO
man(1), man2html(1), arena(1), lynx(1), sensible-browser(1), netscape(1), xmosaic(1), glimpse(1) http://www.mcom.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html 19 January 1998 hman(1)