Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backupios Failing
Operating Systems AIX Backupios Failing Post 302782251 by MichaelFelt on Monday 18th of March 2013 12:18:02 PM
Old 03-18-2013
to help with debugging what is going on, or not going on:

1) ulimit -a on VIOS and NIM server
2) on VIOS (as padmin)
Code:
$ for i in `lspv | grep -v NAME | awk ' { print $1 } '`
do
lspv -lv $i
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

dd command failing

I am new to HP-UX. I have an 8GB drive that is my root drive, contained in a Volume Group. I would like to clone that drive to another drive, which is 18.4GB. The other drive is not in a volume group. I am using this simple command:# dd if=/dev/dsk/c0t6d0 of=/dev/dsk/c0t5d0The command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emsecrist
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - rm failing

Hi, Please help me... I am creating a string of filenames with absolute path and deleting those files situated in the remote server using ssh .. but it doesnot work.. Can anyone help me... here is my code for FileName in ${myDire} do Tmp=`basename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
4 Replies

3. Solaris

umount is failing

I am trying to umount a NFS share. When I do the following: # umount syrupg21 umount: /oebs/syrupg21: device is busy device bussy so I like to check what is working on the system.... # fuser -muv /oebs/syrupg21/ # So no locks should be there... any clue? Regards, Johan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suntac
3 Replies

4. AIX

failing drive

I posted some errpt output,see Phone Support, that this forum graciously looked at and confirmed what we suspected, that one of our RAID5 disks is failing. I have a replacement, but am having trouble downing the old disk. If I try and run Remove a Disk from smit, it says the device is busy. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
4 Replies

5. AIX

backupios

Hello, When i make a backupios commande to save my IOS, this command lunch a savevg but not with the option -e to use the exclude.rootvg file. How can i use the backupios commande to exclude the file in exclude.rootvg. Thank's. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: youss5993
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo using at failing.

Hi, I'm hopin' ya can give me an idea or two here. I'm writing a file transfer tracking program. Users login via FTP or https. These users have NO shell access. I'll get to that in a minute. When they upload or download a file, a script is invoked to log the transfer in a database,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef failing sometimes

Hi Everyone, we have a shell script "DLP_recv.sh" that has below command which is supposed to return the number of active instances of itself, which means of there is no other instance then commad would return 1 (for the current instance). The problem is that it sometimes it returns 0 which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guycool
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Rsync failing

Hi, I am running a rsync command from one server to another server. Source server is having user - bfdeploy and destination user is ftcjbd. Though ftcjbd is owner of /ftc/envs/static/includes/vehicles on destination server, it is still giving error "mkstemp - Permission denied". I am not able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

9. AIX

VIOS backupios -mksysb - does it need to be served by a NIM server ?

working through VIOS backup options. Generally, we store mksysb's on a server and then NFS mount them from it to copy to a VIO optical library, etc. In the case of a VIO backup, I see the -mksysb option to backupios and understand that it doesn't include the NIM resources in the backup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sorting failing cause not known

Hi All, Below is the message I am getting and the process is failing after the child process. The exit status is 11 and the job it is doing is sorting. Is it the status 11 is because of space unavailability. I am sure about the status 11. Below is the success message I got last on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)															      TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-ssuffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. TDBBACKUP(8)