Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Execute all files at once
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute all files at once Post 302781501 by ctsgnb on Saturday 16th of March 2013 06:56:53 PM
Old 03-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanson44
This might work:
Code:
ls temp*.txt | xargs -n 1 bimbo

The functionality could also be built into the bimbo script, so you could run bimbo temp*.txt, but the above way will probably work.

Of course, I hope you are saving copy of original files to verify bimbo script working correctly.
If there are numerous temp*.txt files so that it exceed the ARG_MAX you could get an "argument list too long" error.
better use the "for" SHELL built-in
Code:
for i in temp*.txt
do bimbo $i
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can crontab execute binary files?

Hello! I have an entry on my crontab. 10 00 * * * /bscsprod/bscs/prod/523/bin/tehcron.sh $ /bscsprod/bscs/prod/523/bin/vi tehcron.sh nohup teh -t -f > /dev/null & ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ "tehcron.sh" 13 lines, 365 characters but executing the script from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
5 Replies

2. Linux

I need help getting my tar.gz files to execute

I am having trouble getting my Tar.gz file to execute. I do the following tar -zxvf firefox-2.0.0.1.tar.gz at the terminal once installed I can not get the firefox Icon or bin to execute. I do not know how to configure the path to get it to work. It places the folder under the /root/usr/local/bin.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgoble
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I do I execute several files in a directory

I have a directory with several files with commands inside: file1 file2 file3 ... file n I want to make a script that will execute the commands in this files one by one and move the files to another directory. When there is no more files in the directory the script ends. Can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagomes
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list files and execute an action?

I'm not sure how to word what I'm trying to do. I would like to: 1. Generate a list of files (easy to do ls -l > list.txt) 2. Carry out an action again each file in the list (not so easy to do) Like: List all files in /dir and then execute a move of each file individually. something... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For Loop to execute a command on a series of files

Hello, I have a set of input data that I split into batches using the following command: split -l 4000000 MyInput.in Split_a Once I get the split files, I run a certain command on the split files that spews an output. So far I have been doing it without a for loop. How can I translate the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute script on files in another directory?

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can execute my bash script on files in a different folder than what the script is in? Here is an excerpt of my script: #!/usr/bin/bash input_path="/cygdrive/c/files" output_path="/cygdrive/c/files/data" #script uses files from /cygdrive/c/files directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort the files based on timestamp and execute sorted files in order

Hi I have a requirement like below I need to sort the files based on the timestamp in the file name and run them in sorted order and then archive all the files which are one day old to temp directory My files looks like this PGABOLTXML1D_201108121235.xml... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saidutta123
1 Replies

8. Programming

[Solved] Cannot execute file that include files

Iam trying to execute a file that include many files but it seems my main copy.c can't read anyone of them ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Copy.c #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include "tlpi_hdr.h" #ifndef BUF_SIZE /*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and execute commands on these files (advanced)

So, I need to find a bunch of files and delete them (this example, but sometimes I need it for something else) and my trusty go-to command has always been: find . -type f -name '*file*' | xargs -I## rm '##' Works wonders... But: touch file\ file\'.txt touch file.txt touch file\ file.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Glaurung
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a Command in a .Dat File and use it in other Files

We have a process where we store the database password in a config file like below from where the password is picked up and used in Database Scripts ID, Password But we now have a Audit Requirement not to have the passwords in Config Files directly. We have a command which could fetch the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)