Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Execute all files at once
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute all files at once Post 302781499 by hanson44 on Saturday 16th of March 2013 06:08:14 PM
Old 03-16-2013
This might work:
Code:
ls temp*.txt | xargs -n 1 bimbo

The functionality could also be built into the bimbo script, so you could run bimbo temp*.txt, but the above way will probably work.

Of course, I hope you are saving copy of original files to verify bimbo script working correctly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can crontab execute binary files?

Hello! I have an entry on my crontab. 10 00 * * * /bscsprod/bscs/prod/523/bin/tehcron.sh $ /bscsprod/bscs/prod/523/bin/vi tehcron.sh nohup teh -t -f > /dev/null & ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ "tehcron.sh" 13 lines, 365 characters but executing the script from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
5 Replies

2. Linux

I need help getting my tar.gz files to execute

I am having trouble getting my Tar.gz file to execute. I do the following tar -zxvf firefox-2.0.0.1.tar.gz at the terminal once installed I can not get the firefox Icon or bin to execute. I do not know how to configure the path to get it to work. It places the folder under the /root/usr/local/bin.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgoble
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I do I execute several files in a directory

I have a directory with several files with commands inside: file1 file2 file3 ... file n I want to make a script that will execute the commands in this files one by one and move the files to another directory. When there is no more files in the directory the script ends. Can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagomes
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list files and execute an action?

I'm not sure how to word what I'm trying to do. I would like to: 1. Generate a list of files (easy to do ls -l > list.txt) 2. Carry out an action again each file in the list (not so easy to do) Like: List all files in /dir and then execute a move of each file individually. something... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For Loop to execute a command on a series of files

Hello, I have a set of input data that I split into batches using the following command: split -l 4000000 MyInput.in Split_a Once I get the split files, I run a certain command on the split files that spews an output. So far I have been doing it without a for loop. How can I translate the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute script on files in another directory?

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can execute my bash script on files in a different folder than what the script is in? Here is an excerpt of my script: #!/usr/bin/bash input_path="/cygdrive/c/files" output_path="/cygdrive/c/files/data" #script uses files from /cygdrive/c/files directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort the files based on timestamp and execute sorted files in order

Hi I have a requirement like below I need to sort the files based on the timestamp in the file name and run them in sorted order and then archive all the files which are one day old to temp directory My files looks like this PGABOLTXML1D_201108121235.xml... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saidutta123
1 Replies

8. Programming

[Solved] Cannot execute file that include files

Iam trying to execute a file that include many files but it seems my main copy.c can't read anyone of them ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Copy.c #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include "tlpi_hdr.h" #ifndef BUF_SIZE /*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and execute commands on these files (advanced)

So, I need to find a bunch of files and delete them (this example, but sometimes I need it for something else) and my trusty go-to command has always been: find . -type f -name '*file*' | xargs -I## rm '##' Works wonders... But: touch file\ file\'.txt touch file.txt touch file\ file.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Glaurung
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a Command in a .Dat File and use it in other Files

We have a process where we store the database password in a config file like below from where the password is picked up and used in Database Scripts ID, Password But we now have a Audit Requirement not to have the passwords in Config Files directly. We have a command which could fetch the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
2 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-05-19 DH_COMPRESS(1)