Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to extract data for a specific process from ovpa? Post 302781443 by Yoda on Saturday 16th of March 2013 02:19:00 PM
Old 03-16-2013
I am not familiar with OVPA, but I had a look at OVPA User's Guide and it seems that this can be achieved by changing the application parameter value in parm File: /var/opt/perf/parm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific data from xml format file.

Hi, I need to extract the start time value (bold, red font) under the '<LogEvent ID="Timer Start">' tag (black bold) from a file with the following pattern. There are other LogEventIDs listed in the file as well, making it harder for me to extract out the specific start time that I need. . .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data into file with specific field specs

:confused: I have a tab delimited file that I need to extract data from and into a file with specific field specs. Each field has to be a certain amount of characters. So, the name field (from delimited file) might have only 15 characters but needs to be 25 (in new file) so I need to insert spaces... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: criddel
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the content after a specific data

My input: >seq_1 DSASSTRRARRRRTPRTPSLRSRRSDVTCS >seq_3 RMRLRRWRKSCSERS*RRSN >seq_8 RTTGLSERPRLPTTASRSISSRWTR >seq_10 NELPLEKGSLDSISIE >seq_9 PNQGDAREPQAHLPRRQGPRDRPLQAYA+ QVQHRRHDHSRTQH*LCRRRQREDCDRLHR >seq_4 DRGKGQAGCRRPQEGEALVRRCS>seq_6 FA*GLAAQDGEA*SGRG My output: Extract all... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific read from a data

Input file: #abc_1 SAASFASFGGDSGDSGDSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGDS Output file: FASFGGDSGDS I just want to print out the read from position 5 until position 15 from the data. Below is the code that I just try but it is failed to get my desired output: grep -v '#' input_file | awk... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data and change its arrangment

Input: HS04636 PROGRAM source 836 7001 + ID=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM beginner 836 7001 + ID=g1.t1;Parent=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM position 836 836 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 PROGRAM type 836 1017 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on specific search criteria

I have a huge file (about 2 millions records) contains data separated by “,” (comma). As part of the requirement, I can't change the format. The objective is to remove some of the records with the following condition. If the 23rd field on each line start with 302 , I need to remove that from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data?

Bash scripting beginner here... I have many folders, each folder representing one subject. Not all subjects have all the required files, so I need to somehow cycle through all the data and then extract the data only from subjects who have no files missing. I tried to output the ls command, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Extract specific data from a file.

data.txt has several information like the below.. <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM01:/tmp/cong/MYDOM01,/tmp/app/MYDOM01 <WEBER>:CANES:https-web01,https-web02:/web/apps/https-web01/config <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM07:/tmp/cong/MYDOM07,/tmp/app/MYDOM07... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
EXTRACT(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   EXTRACT(1)

NAME
extract - determine meta-information about a file SYNOPSIS
extract [ -bghLnvV ] [ -H hash-algorithm ] [ -i ] [ -l library ] [ -p type ] [ -x type ] file ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents version 0.6.0 of the extract command. extract tests each file specified in the argument list in an attempt to infer meta-information from it. Each file is subjected to the meta-data extraction libraries from libextractor. libextractor classifies meta-information (also referred to as keywords) into types. A list of all types can be obtained with the -L option. OPTIONS
-b Display the output in BiBTeX format. -g Use grep-friendly output (all keywords on a single line for each file). Use the verbose option to print the filename first, fol- lowed by the keywords. Use the verbose option twice to also display the keyword types. This option will not print keyword types or non-textual metadata. -h Print a brief summary of the options. -i Run plugins in-process (for debugging). By default, each plugin is run in its own process. -l libraries Use the specified libraries to extract keywords. The general format of libraries is .I [[-]LIBRARYNAME[:[-]LIBRARYNAME]*] where LIBRARYNAME is a libextractor compatible library and typically of the form .Ijpeg. The minus before the libraryname indicates that this library should be removed from the existing list. To run only a few selected plugins, use -l in combination with -n. -L Print a list of all known keyword types. -n Do not use the default set of extractors (typically all standard extractors, currently mp3, ogg, jpg, gif, png, tiff, real, html, pdf and mime-types), use only the extractors specified with the .B -l option. -p type Print only the keywords matching the specified type. By default, all keywords that are found and not removed as duplicates are printed. -v Print the version number and exit. -V Be verbose. This option can be specified multiple times to increase verbosity further. -x type Exclude keywords of the specified type from the output. By default, all keywords that are found and not removed as duplicates are printed. SEE ALSO
libextractor(3) - description of the libextractor library EXAMPLES
$ extract test/test.jpg comment - (C) 2001 by Christian Grothoff, using gimp 1.2 1 mimetype - image/jpeg $ extract -V -x comment test/test.jpg Keywords for file test/test.jpg: mimetype - image/jpeg $ extract -p comment test/test.jpg comment - (C) 2001 by Christian Grothoff, using gimp 1.2 1 $ extract -nV -l png.so -p comment test/test.jpg test/test.png Keywords for file test/test.jpg: Keywords for file test/test.png: comment - Testing keyword extraction LEGAL NOTICE
libextractor and the extract tool are released under the GPL. libextractor is a GNU package. BUGS
A couple of file-formats (on the order of 10^3) are not recognized... AUTHORS
extract was originally written by Christian Grothoff <christian@grothoff.org> and Vidyut Samanta <vids@cs.ucla.edu>. Use <libextrac- tor@gnu.org> to contact the current maintainer(s). AVAILABILITY
You can obtain the original author's latest version from http://www.gnu.org/software/libextractor/ libextractor 0.6.0 Dec 20, 2009 EXTRACT(1)