Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to add a new users in proftpd server? Post 302779277 by Corona688 on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 12:26:28 PM
Old 03-12-2013
I don't think there's a special kind of 'proftpd user', UNIX usernames and proftpd usernames match up... The usual file access permissions apply.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migrating all users from one linux server to another...

Hello, I've been tasked with migrating users from one linux server to another new linux server. This is how I was thinking of doing it: 1.) Open up an NFS connection between the two servers, cp -Rp /home/ to the new server and then append the old /etc/group & /etc/passwd to the existing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add users on OSX server with SSH

Hi Is it possible to add users on a Mac OSX server from a unix system with ssh? If it is what file to alter? brg Nicke (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users locked out of Server

hiya all, I have Fedora core 3 installed - as a server - onto an old PC. Root u/n and psw lets me in However, all the other accounts no longer worked. They use to work until yesterday... I now get the error at the login screen: "AUTHENTICATIONFAILED" I hope this is a common... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

2 users on the same server (rexec)

Hi, all. Could some one help me please with one problem? In one process (on aix) I should run some remote scripts on other server via rexec. Some scripts should be run on server1 under useridA, and some scripts should be run on the same server under useridB. I specified in .netrc... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
10 Replies

5. Red Hat

when users ftp to server the timezone reflected is UTC but the server is set to TZ in localtime

Guys, Need your help coz my server runs in local time GMT +8, but when client use ftp and login, the resulting timestamp seen in each file is in UTC format. We need to set that the time should be the same as GMT +8 when in ftp session. I am using RHEL 5.3. root@]# ll total 1740... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
2 Replies

6. Linux

users can't sftp into my server

I am running a fedora core 13 server and I am having trouble with sftp. My users can connect to the server using SSH both using public key and password authentication. For some reason they are not able to connect using sftp. I'l not sure what's going on. I ran sshd in debug mode and here's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: emildiego
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending Messeges To Users on a Server

I am in the process of doing testing on a backup script that will backup everyones home directories. When I run a "who" I can see the users that are logged on. How can I send these users, let say an instant message other then email to alert them that I am about ready to kick of a test backup? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting Users to New Server

I am new to shell scripting. I urgently need a script on a backup server that will ping the main server to check if the server is up. If the main server is down- the script should transfer the IP of the main server to the backup server. Once the main server is up again the backup server will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanmiogun
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Script for Creating more users like 50 in one server

Hi friends could you please share me the script to create more users in one server except newusers, is there any option to change secondary group and how to print passwd and changing the age all these things how can i edit in newsers.. please help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiankrish
0 Replies
ftpshut(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ftpshut(8)

NAME
ftpshut - shut down all proftpd servers at a given time SYNOPSIS
ftpshut [ -R ] [ -l min ] [ -d min ] time [ warning-message ] DESCRIPTION
The ftpshut command provides an automated shutdown procedure that a superuser can use to automagically disconnect current proftpd connec- tions, and deny new connections. The command creates a control file as /etc/shutmsg to inform proftpd processes about an impending shut- down. OPTIONS
time The time at which the ftp servers will be brought down. It may be the word `now', indicating an immediate shutdown, or a future time in one of two formats: +number or HHMM. The first form brings the servers down in number minutes, while the second form indicates an exact time of day, using a 24-hour clock format. -R Instructs ftpshut to remove the /etc/shutmsg file, restoring proftpd to its normal service. If this option is used, this will be the only operation performed by ftpshut -l min Specifies the number of minutes before shutdown that new ftp access will be disabled. If the -l option is not specified, a default of 10 minutes (or immediately, if less than 10 minutes remains until shutdown) is used. -d min Specifies the number of minutes before shutdown that existing ftp connections will be disconnected. If the -d option is not specified, a default of 5 minutes (or immediately, if less than 5 minutes remains until shutdown) is used. warning-message Optionally provide a message which will be sent to new connections (if denied) and existing connections (when disconnected). The message can contain the following magic cookies, which will be replaced as follows before being sent to new or existing connec- tions: %s time proftpd is being shut down %r time new connections will be denied %d time current connections will be dropped %C current working directory (where applicable) %L local host name (or virtualhost name) %R remote host name %T local time (format Thu Nov 15 17:12:42 1990) %U username given at login time CAVEATS
Proftpd servers can only be shutdown via ftpshut if a master daemon is running in standalone mode. Servers running in inetd mode will honor the shutdown message file created by ftpshut, however currently running servers may be chroot(2)ed, and unable to read the shutdown message control file. It is possible to set an absolute shutdown time which is earlier than the current time. If this is the case, proftpd will not shutdown until the indicated time on the following day. FILES
/usr/sbin/ftpshut /etc/shutmsg AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
inetd(8),ftp(1),proftpd(8),ftpwho(1),ftpcount(1) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2003 ftpshut(8)