Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run awk script on windows?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run awk script on windows? Post 302779087 by pamu on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 07:55:42 AM
Old 03-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
Have you tried the gawk version for windows?
Not tried yet.
Could you please give me some details about this. So i can proceed further.

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:06 PM ----------

Hi Franklin52,

Thanks for suggestion.
Tried with gawk version on windows. It works like charm..Smilie

Thanks a lot

for this just need to install gawk for windows and can be used as awk..Smilie

Thanks

pamu
This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Shell Script into AWK

Hi Guys.. How to run a Shell Script into AWK instruction :confused::confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandarez
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run script from awk

Hi Friends, I'm trying to retrigger a script if the IN_FILE is empty(except the first line) how many I do this? script need to be retriggered: /local/temp/scriptex.ksh right now I have awk '{if ($2 == "") {cd /local/temp ./scriptex.ksh}}' $IN_FILE but doesn't work Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNovIX
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run KSH script in Windows machine

Hi i created a unix script ksh that goes to a specific folder/xyz/abc, searches for all the .txt files in it and perform some operation on these text file. It runs well in Unix server(machine) Now this script needs to be run on a windows machine having the same folder structure(that is look... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH program to run on Windows

Hey, For a couple of months, I was using SecureCRT which was satisfying all my needs (keyboard-interactive, sftp ...). Its licence got expired and I no longer want to pay for it. Is there any SSH program other than Putty, u would suggest as free or less expensive with a user interface like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
3 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Can someone run this .awk script?

Hi I'm new to do community and I've joined because I need a little help. I'm working a on a school project and I am currently stuck because I must count number of protocol packets from wireshark .pcap file and in order to so I found this .awk script. BEGIN { } { vrijeme = $2; if ($5 ==... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Review
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Can someone run this .awk script?

NOTE: I'm not asking that someone do my project for me nor do I need help with logical part of my homework assignment. I just need someone to run the script on a wireshark file and send me output file. This requires 1min of time from experienced awk user and for me it's pain of learning how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Review
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run Bash from Windows icon?

Is it possible to run a bash using a by creating an icon or shortcut in windows 7? Everything seems to be for unix or linux and unfortunately my institution is windows. For example, run bash ~/newbatch.sh by clicking on an icon on a users desktop. Cygwin will be installed as well. Thank you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell script not run with Windows 10

Hi all, I have a script has been writing for Unix or Linux. Now I want to run under Windows 10. is give me Error: if:Badly formed number How to fix this please help *** This is a copy of a part of Script. set absolute_gap = 0 if ($min_p_to_p != "" && $min_p_to_p != "N/A" && $min_p_to_t... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovo
5 Replies
ALLOCRDSWIN(3)						      RDS PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS						    ALLOCRDSWIN(3)

NAME
allocrdswin - allocates window's table ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "rwinnn.h" rdswin_list *allocrdswin( Number ) unsigned int Number; PARAMETER
Number Number of windows contained in the window's table. DESCRIPTION
The allocrdswin allocates a window's table. The number of windows is specified by the parameter 'Number' of the function. To determine the size of the parameter 'Number', the user has to multiplicate width by height of his table in number of windows. Each item of the table is a pointer to a rdswin_list structure which contains rectangles sorted by layer (see librwi). RETURN VALUE
The pointer to the table is returned. ERRORS
"Rds202: rdsalloc error, can't continue !" it's impossible to allocate the memory size for the table EXAMPLE
#include "mutnnn.h" #include "rdsnnn.h" #include "rwinnn.h" #include "rtlnnn.h" main() { rdswindow *RdsWindow; RdsWindow = allocrdswindow(); RdsWindow->XMIN = -200; RdsWindow->YMIN = -200; RdsWindow->XMAX = 200; RdsWindow->YMAX = 200; RdsWindow->DX = 4; RdsWindow->DY = 4; RdsWindow->SIDE = 100; RdsWindow->SIZE = RdsWindow->DX * RdsWindow->DY ; RdsWindow->WINTAB = allocrdswin( RdsWindow->SIZE ); . . . } SEE ALSO
librwi BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 ALLOCRDSWIN(3)