Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Removing characters form text file and replaicng Post 302778039 by pasc on Saturday 9th of March 2013 08:49:12 AM
Old 03-09-2013
Removing characters form text file and replaicng

I currently have a text file which looks like this

Code:
2010.26 (0.0306746) @ 59,19

I want to remove all 22 characters up till the "59"

NOTE: REMOVE, not replace with (null)
NOTE2: The 59 CANNOT be taken as a number to consider in the script... it is not fixed. The only thing that is fixed is the 20 characters at the start till we reach the 59.

furthermore I want to replace the "," with a "+" sign.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pasc; 03-09-2013 at 09:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special characters in file

I have file special.txt with the following data. <header info> 123$ty5%98&0asd 1@356fgbv78 09*&^5jkns43( ...........some more rows. In my output file, I want to eliminate all the special characters in my file and I want all other data. need some help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivsn
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing certain characters in a file

Hi I have a file that has semicolons in it (;) is there a way to just remove these in the file. Example name: Joe Smith; group: Group1; name: Mary White; group: Group2; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing unwanted characters from a file

i have a file like this 1111_2222#$#$dudgfdk 11111111_343434#$#$334 1111_22222#43445667 i want to remove all those charachetrs from # how can i do this Thank in advance Saravanan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanan71184
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing ^M characters from a file

Hi, I want to removing ^M characters from a file and combine the line with the next line. ex: issue i have: ABC^M^M DEF solution i need: ABCDEF I found that you by using the following command you can remove new line characters. tr -d '\r' < infile.csv > outfile.csv still... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
10 Replies

5. Linux

Removing non printing characters from a csv file

Hi, I have an csv file and there are some non printable characters(extended ascii) so I am trying to create a clean copy of the csv file . I am using this command: tr -cd "" < /opt/informatica/PowerCenter8.6.0/server/infa_shared/SrcFiles/ThirdParty/locations.csv > ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerkus
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file + image/form/overlay file to PDF

Hi, We have an app specific legacy environment running SCO Openserver 5.0.7. I need to be able to (1) scan a pre-existing “form” consisting of logo/boxes/lines/static text as an image , (2) lay a print file from the app "on top of the image" and (3) output the "merge" as a PDF file. Scanning... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 65bit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing file with bad characters

I have the following files in the same directory but if you look at the od output you can see one of the files has and "\n" as part of the file name. Is there a way I can only remove the file with the "\n" as part of the file name without affecting the other file. I was thinking about... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep IP address form a text file along with the subnet

I have an input file: class 1 3 5 10.10.10..0/23 hicks jimmy class 3 10.12.10.0/22 mike class.019283 10.10.15.10/20 henry gym.847585 45 192.168.10.0/22 nancy jim steve maya The output should look like this: 10.10.10..0/23 10.12.10.0/22 10.10.15.10/20 192.168.10.0/22 I have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing these non-ASCII characters from a file

Hi, I have many text files which contain some non-ASCII characters. I attach the screenshots of one of the files for people to have a look at. The issue is even after issuing the non-ASCII removal commands one of the characters does not go away. The character that goes away is the black one with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing last and first characters in a file

bash-3.00$ cat temp.txt ./a/REA01/ces1/apps/ces_ces1_init3_aa.ear/ces.war/WEB-INF/classes/reds/common/environment.properties ./a/REA01/ces1/apps/ces_ces1_init3_aa.ear/commonproperties/hi/HostIntegration.properties... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
9 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)