Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql Post 302777885 by DGPickett on Friday 8th of March 2013 02:58:06 PM
Old 03-08-2013
If you use xigole jisql, you get the same presentation from all JDBC databases, and all JDBC drivers are available and free. There is also unixODBC isql and the various unixODBC drivers.

sqlplus: SQL*Plus Command Reference
Code:
SET COLSEP {_|text}

In iSQL*Plus, SET COLSEP determines the column separator character to be printed between column output 
that is rendered inside tags. HTML table output is the default. To generate preformatted output you must set 
PREFORMAT ON with the SET MARKUP HTML PREFORMAT ON command.

Sets the text to be printed between selected columns. If the COLSEP variable contains blanks or punctuation 
characters, you must enclose it with single quotes. The default value for text is a single space.

In multi-line rows, the column separator does not print between columns that begin on different lines. The 
column separator does not appear on blank lines produced by BREAK ... SKIP n and does not overwrite the 
record separator. See SET RECSEP in this chapter for more information.
Example

To set the column separator to "|" enter

SET COLSEP '|'
SELECT LAST_NAME, JOB_ID, DEPARTMENT_ID
FROM EMP_DETAILS_VIEW
WHERE DEPARTMENT_ID = 20;

LAST_NAME                |JOB_ID    |DEPARTMENT_ID
-------------------------|----------|-------------
Hartstein                |MK_MAN    |           20
Fay                      |MK_REP    |           20

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Format issue: Output of sqlplus

Hi, I am using a query like below in my shell script : { { echo "set echo off" echo "set head off" echo "whenever sqlerror exit -1; select NUMBER ||','|| FNAME ||','|| LOC ||','|| ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to format mysql output

Hi all, Does anyone know how to format the output from mysql from within a shell script? i.e. RESULT=`mysql command` echo ${RESULT} the ${RESULT} only displays the output on one line instead of how mysql would display it as columns etc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Oracle sqlplus output

a job extracts orcle data into unix as flat file. a single record breaks into two record in unix flat file. This is the case only for 6 records out of 60 lack records. (its not single record in two line. but its single record into record. ie., \n come into picture) can you tell me what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
26 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format the output from sqlplus while writing to log file.

Hi I have developed bash script to connect to database and execute .sql files. I am logging some statements in to log file using echo. While logging I am adding the date in front of the log statements which makes sense. I am unable to add date in front of output from the sqlplus and sqlldr,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with storing oracle sqlplus query output shell script

Hello everyone, I have a RHEL 5 system and have been trying to get a batch of 3-4 scripts each in a separate variables and they are not working as expected. I tried using following syntax which I saw a lot of people on this site use and should really work, though for some reason it doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help getting my output from MYSQL query into right format

Good afternoon! I have been lurking in this forum for awhile now. I have just recently started posting. I think this is a really good site. With that being said, I don't like to just run and get an answer before I try my best first. I have poured some blood, sweat and tears into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle using sqlplus

I have logged into oracle using SQLPLUS. When I type any kind of query, there is only 1 answer - '2'. What is wrong with it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sqlplus code format

Hi, I have some questions about sqlplus running from bash. I am still new and learning. I have the code shown below: echo "exit" | sqlplus... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohca2020
10 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)