Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permissions issue
Operating Systems Solaris Permissions issue Post 302777233 by bitlord on Friday 8th of March 2013 08:52:43 AM
Old 03-08-2013
Yes I even got my 2 co-works looking at it as well and we don't seem to be making any headway.

---------- Post updated 03-08-13 at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous update was 03-07-13 at 01:33 PM ----------

Update,
I was not able to get the umask to work for me so I wrote a script and added it to the crontab.
Here it is :
Code:
2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36,38 * * * * chmod -R 750 /loglogic/ > /dev/null 2>&1
40,42,44,46,48,50,52,54,56,58 * * * * chmod -R 750 /loglogic/ > /dev/null 2>&1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

File permissions issue

Hi, We have a apps database running on HP-UX 11.11. Yesterday, we had a problem with the server which was resolved after rebooting the server. Now the problem I am facing is that now the files created by application manager user has weird file permissions. Like instead of rw-r-r it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isingh786
1 Replies

2. Linux

permissions issue

We are trying to run a program on a Red Hat ES3 machine that works fine under root user but not as any other user. I believe its getting denied access to the USB ports (which this program needs), Does anyone know how i can open up access to the USB ports on a machine to all users. Thanks, Frank (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Issue With File Permissions while uploading

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of ftp_user to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with File Permissions

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issue after copying files

Hi everyone, I am using mac os x 10.6, and I just copied over a project from a machine with 10.5... And I noticed my ls color is very funky in this directory... I found that my permissions are all messed up, and am wondering if there is a way to recursively fix permissions? This is how they... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] File permissions issue

Hi everybody, following is the scenario; OS HP UX 11.23 two users: # id bodi uid=109(bodi) gid=20(users) groups=1(other),2(bin),3(sys),106(oinstall) # id ossmed uid=121(ossmed) gid=20(users) umask 077 directory name /home/mydir directory permissions drwxrwxrwx requirement: to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajays
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Permissions Issue with Python

I have a cron on a Linux server that isn't executing properly. CRON (with specific info replaced): MAILTO=emailaddress@server.com */2 * * * * python /data/site/cron.py OUTPUT: python: can't open file '/data/site/cron.py ': No such file or directoryAdditional info - The python path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theHire
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issue with webserver and svn

Update: Please anybody can give some help ? I've an issue with files ownerships. I have a drupal website and the "files" folder needs to be owned by "www-data" in order to let the users to upload files with php. However I'm now using svn and I need all folders and files to be owned by my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permissions Issue

Hi Experts, I have one ftp user which will FTP the files to two subdirectories of some other user. Say i have one user "xyz" . It FTP's the file to the directory of "abc" user. I have added xyz user in abc group. -rw-r--r-- 1 xyz abc 0 Jul 26 10:05 mo -rw-r--r-- 1 xyz abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permissions issue

Hi, I have a shell script which calls oracle procedure. Procedure creates a file using oracle utl_file and places file on unix server at loaction /tmp. The file permission is getting set to 640 (Owner=oracle, group=dba) I need it to be 644 by default. (So others can read it.) The umask... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
4 Replies
PARTX(8)						       System Administration							  PARTX(8)

NAME
partx - tell the kernel about the presence and numbering of on-disk partitions SYNOPSIS
partx [-a|-d|-P|-r|-s|-u] [-t type] [-n M:N] [-] disk partx [-a|-d|-P|-r|-s|-u] [-t type] partition [disk] DESCRIPTION
Given a device or disk-image, partx tries to parse the partition table and list its contents. It can also tell the kernel to add or remove partitions from its bookkeeping. The disk argument is optional when a partition argument is provided. To force scanning a partition as if it were a whole disk (for example to list nested subpartitions), use the argument "-" (hyphen-minus). For example: partx --show - /dev/sda3 This will see sda3 as a whole-disk rather than as a partition. partx is not an fdisk program - adding and removing partitions does not change the disk, it just tells the kernel about the presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. OPTIONS
-a, --add Add the specified partitions, or read the disk and add all partitions. -b, --bytes Print the SIZE column in bytes rather than in human-readable format. -d, --delete Delete the specified partitions or all partitions. -g, --noheadings Do not print a header line with --show or --raw. -l, --list List the partitions. Note that all numbers are in 512-byte sectors. This output format is DEPRECATED in favour of --show. Do not use it in newly written scripts. -n, --nr M:N Specify the range of partitions. For backward compatibility also the format M-N is supported. The range may contain negative num- bers, for example --nr -1:-1 means the last partition, and --nr -2:-1 means the last two partitions. Supported range specifications are: M Specifies just one partition (e.g. --nr 3). M: Specifies the lower limit only (e.g. --nr 2:). :N Specifies the upper limit only (e.g. --nr :4). M:N Specifies the lower and upper limits (e.g. --nr 2:4). -o, --output list Define the output columns to use for --show, --pairs and --raw output. If no output arrangement is specified, then a default set is used. Use --help to get list of all supported columns. This option cannot be combined with the --add, --delete, --update or --list options. -P, --pairs List the partitions using the KEY="value" format. -r, --raw List the partitions using the raw output format. -s, --show List the partitions. The output columns can be selected and rearranged with the --output option. All numbers (except SIZE) are in 512-byte sectors. -t, --type type Specify the partition table type. --list-types List supported partition types and exit. -u, --update Update the specified partitions. -S, --sector-size size Overwrite default sector size. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
partx --show /dev/sdb3 partx --show --nr 3 /dev/sdb partx --show /dev/sdb3 /dev/sdb All three commands list partition 3 of /dev/sdb. partx --show - /dev/sdb3 Lists all subpartitions on /dev/sdb3 (the device is used as whole-disk). partx -o START -g --nr 5 /dev/sdb Prints the start sector of partition 5 on /dev/sdb without header. partx -o SECTORS,SIZE /dev/sda5 /dev/sda Lists the length in sectors and human-readable size of partition 5 on /dev/sda. partx --add --nr 3:5 /dev/sdd Adds all available partitions from 3 to 5 (inclusive) on /dev/sdd. partx -d --nr :-1 /dev/sdd Removes the last partition on /dev/sdd. SEE ALSO
addpart(8), delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8) AUTHORS
Davidlohr Bueso <dave@gnu.org> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> The original version was written by Andries E. Brouwer <aeb@cwi.nl>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. AVAILABILITY
The partx command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux December 2014 PARTX(8)