Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Super Simple Script to remove first characters of any png file Post 302777091 by Corona688 on Thursday 7th of March 2013 10:43:03 AM
Old 03-07-2013
To repeat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Windows CMD is inconsistent here in that more %'s are required when you put this in a batch file than when you run it in a shell window; cmd's 'for' is a very strange beast. Some experimentation may be required.
I tried to make it so it would work in a batch file, but didn't get the right combination I guess. This exact code works when typed into shell:

Code:
for %a in (*.txt) DO (
        set V=%a
        echo rename %V% %V:~2%
)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find and remove characters

Hi. I have many files in a folder, and even more in the subfolders. I need a script that finds and removes certain characters (them being /n in this one) in the files in the folder and it's subfolders. So, could someone write me a script that works in Linux, does this: Searchs for "/n" in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zerby
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SUPER simple bash script to repeat a command...

I need to repeat this command on a configurable interval: igal -a -r -U -w 6 I tried this: #!/bin/bash igal -a -r -U -w 6 sleep 30 Just a guess that it MIGHT work. Can anyone point me in the right direction? -R (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robfindlay
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove characters from file name

Here is my code. for file in *1.3.html ; do mv "$file" `echo $file | tr '.1.3' ''` ; done For some reason I am getting an error. mv: file.idlesince.1.3.html and file.idlesince.1.3.html are identical Could this be done a different way? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to remove '^M' characters from a file.

Hi guys, Hope you are all well. This is a line of data from a csv file. I have used vi and set the 'set list' option to display the trailing $ character. "01","Grocery","01006","eat Fish & Spreads"$ I have tried the following commands, but neither of them appear to be working? 1) tr... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krispy
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove Ctlr-M characters from file from a unix script

There are 10 files present which have Ctlr-M characters appended to each line of all files. I have a unix script which processes the files in a loop. And there is an inner loop which processes each line in the file concerned. #inputFile is a variable which has the file name of the input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the characters from the file

Hi, I have one file in the following format. exa_resu_adj.4ge v.47645 PERSONAL INFORMAIONS PVT LTD 31 Dec 2009 04:36 Page 1 SALARY REPORT Account Account Name CCode Bill No Balance T Amt ----------- ------------ ------- ---------- ------------- ------------- 17490001 Mr Ram PM 10... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cgi script to print all .png files on a single page

Hi guys I'm relativley new to Perl, and have not touched html before, im trying to write a cgi script that prints all images on a single html page from a given directory. Im using perl to gather stats, rrdtool to update and create graphs now i just need to print these graphs all onto 1 index.cgi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to remove the last characters from each row of csv using shell script

Hi, I've a csv file seperated by '|' from which I'm trying to remove the excess '|' characters more than the existing fields. My CSV looks like as below. HRLOAD|Service|AddChange|EN PERSONID|STATUS|LASTNAME|FIRSTNAME|ITDCLIENTUSERID|ADDRESSLINE1 10000001|ACTIVE|Testazar1|Testore1|20041|||... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
24 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Remove new line characters from a file

I tried using below command tr -cd "" < InputFile.xml > output.txt ============= This removes all the tabs/newline/extra spaces from a file it successfully removed all the extra spaces,tabs and new line characters but then the complete file become one record. I want to retain one new line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saini
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove characters from the file

i know , the below question has been repeated. can you guys guide me . I have the below input 999999 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 123.45 2013-05-02 08:14 1 1 1 xxxx 999999 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 123.45 2013-06-02 02:14 1 4 1 dddd i need to remove from the column 54 to 70 , as like the below output.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
9 Replies
IMAGESAVEALPHA(3)							 1							 IMAGESAVEALPHA(3)

imagesavealpha - Set the flag to save full alpha channel information (as opposed to single-color transparency) when saving PNG images

SYNOPSIS
bool imagesavealpha (resource $image, bool $saveflag) DESCRIPTION
imagesavealpha(3) sets the flag to attempt to save full alpha channel information (as opposed to single-color transparency) when saving PNG images. You have to unset alphablending ( imagealphablending($im, false)), to use it. Alpha channel is not supported by all browsers, if you have problem with your browser, try to load your script with an alpha channel com- pliant browser, e.g. latest Mozilla. PARAMETERS
o $ image -An image resource, returned by one of the image creation functions, such as imagecreatetruecolor(3). o $saveflag - Whether to save the alpha channel or not. Default to FALSE. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 imagesavealpha(3) example <?php // Load a png image with alpha channels $png = imagecreatefrompng('./alphachannel_example.png'); // Do required operations // Turn off alpha blending and set alpha flag imagealphablending($png, false); imagesavealpha($png, true); // Output image to browser header('Content-Type: image/png'); imagepng($png); imagedestroy($png); ?> NOTES
Note This function requires GD 2.0.1 or later (2.0.28 or later is recommended). SEE ALSO
imagealphablending(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAGESAVEALPHA(3)