Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Malloc - unlimited input from user Post 302777067 by vbe on Thursday 7th of March 2013 10:22:15 AM
Old 03-07-2013
You can look what one of your classmates got for replies here:
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...lp-malloc.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting unlimited filesize for a filesystem in

All, How can I enable largefiles in one of the filesytems in Sun OS 5.9 ? ls -l -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 2548163397 Dec 3 02:57 TT_TT_full.dmp.Z cp -p TT_TT_full.dmp.Z /exports/tt/ cp: TT_TT_full.dmp.Z: File too large ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: win_vin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting user input

I am trying to create a shell (ksh) which has two "read" commands, one which reads a line from a file and another which is inside a loop that reads user input from a keyboard. However, the "read" command inside the loop uses the input from the file and it does not get the user input from keyboard.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

set Ulimit data segment to Unlimited

Hi, as per my Unix admin all parameters in Ulimit are set to Unlimited in Hard limits but some how few profiles setting data segment part to limited number value. So i wanted to over write in my profile to set unlimited as hard limits are set to unlimited. What is the command to set ulimit for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terala_s
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

ulimit -c unlimited

Hi, I want to set the coredump to unlimited, but it seems it does not work. > ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 1048576 stack(kbytes) 131072 memory(kbytes) unlimited coredump(blocks) 4194303... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_andrew
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the user input recursively until the user provides valid input

Hi, echo "Enter file name of input file list along with absolute path : " read inputFileList if then for string in `cat inputFileList` do echo $string done else echo " file does not exist" fi From the above code, if the user enters a invalid file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
1 Replies

6. Solaris

HOW to set unlimited login attempts for user in Solaris?

Hi Admins, HOW to set unlimited login attempts for user in Solaris ? And do I need to insatll any packages before doing this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script interacts with user , based on user input it operates

i have a script which takes input from user, if user gives either Y/y then it should continue, else it should quit by displaying user cancelled. #!/bin/sh echo " Enter your choice to continue y/Y OR n/N to quit " read A if then echo " user requested to continue " ##some commands... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User input and run awk using the input

I am trying to allow a user to enter in text and then store that text in a variable $gene to run in an awk command in which those values are used to run some calculations. I am getting syntax errors however, when I try. Thank you :). The awk runs great if it is a pre-defined file that is used,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ulimit -c unlimited

I was trying to generate core dump of a process.But it is not generated. While digging up the issue I found that Core File Size is set to 0. I set it with #ulimit -c unlimited.After that I found the core file size is set to 0 (ulimit -a).I exit that session and again logged in.But found the core... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
12 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)