Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying the files after filter Post 302776339 by busyboy on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 07:21:50 AM
Old 03-06-2013
try find command if you want jpeg or html files being moved to /home/oracle.

Code:
find ./images -type f \( -name "*.jpg" -o -name "*.html" \) -exec 'cp' '{}' '/home/oracle/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter only gz files from list of subdirectories

Hi, I have a very big directory structure that consists of many sub-directories inside.There are around 50 ".gz" files under this dir structure. I want to copy all the gz files alone to a seperate location. Plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying a files from a filter list and creating their associated parent directories

Hello all, I'm trying to copy all files within a specified directory to another location based on a find filter of mtime -1 (Solaris OS). The issue that I'm having is that in the destination directory, I want to retain the source directory structure while copying over only the files that have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hunter55
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter files and print

Hi, I need to filter and store the files ends with log extension in the array and need to write the file names in the array to a file. I need to use array to derive this solution. Please help me out. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and filter between two files

Hello, I have two files in this form that consist of three columns, a name (L*contig*), the length (length=**) and the sequence LT_file.txt LTcontig1 length=13 acccatgctttta LTcontig5 length=8 ggattacc LTcontig8 length=20 ccattgaccgtacctgatcg LTcontig23 length=5 accta and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files copying - [ Listed files alone. ] - Shell script

Hi All, I am doing this for svn patch making. I got the list of files to make the patch. I have the list in a file with path of all the files. To Do From Directory : /myproject/MainDir To Directory : /myproject/data List of files need to copy is in the file: /myproject/filesList.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to filter files with given format

Hi, all, I have files like: nameserver 216.66.22.2 ; tserv1.ash1.ipv6.he.net. tserv13.ash1.ipv6.he.net. nameserver 216.66.38.58 ; tserv1.tor1.ipv6.he.net. tserv21.tor1.ipv6.he.net. nameserver 216.218.221.6 ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter lines common in two files

Thanks everyone. I got that problem solved. I require one more help here. (Yes, UNIX definitely seems to be fun and useful, and I WILL eventually learn it for myself. But I am now on a different project and don't really have time to go through all the basics. So, I will really appreciate some... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: latsyrc
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter and merge 2 files problem

Hi, I'm trying to combine two files which have 1 column in common and filter out rows I don't need. File 1: ID Start End Matched Coverage 1 1 254 1515 5.96 2 1 135 402 2.98 File 2 (has 2 rows per entry): >1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yarinka
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter using awk in CSV files

Hello Gentlemen, Finding difficulties to play with my Input files:confused: . Your guidance will certainly help as always. After converting to csv file from XLSM file, I am getting some extra ""(double quote) characters which I want to terminate inside shell script and process it further. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradyumnajpn10
6 Replies
MRENAME(1)						      General Commands Manual							MRENAME(1)

NAME
mrename - program to rename files SYNOPSIS
mrename 'pattern' prefix [option] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mrename command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. mrename is a tool for easy and automatic renaming of many files. The 'pattern' is the pattern to search files to rename (quoted to avoid that bash resolve it), and prefix is the prefix that will be added to the name of each file. The two alternative options for copying or moving files in the new name are explained below. All parameters are needed, and you have to stay and launch the script in the same direc- tory of the files to be renamed. The program should be able to write in this directory. OPTIONS
There are only the following three options. -c The option -c will copy each file with the new filename. -m The option -m will move each file in the new filename. -h Display help. EXAMPLE
If you have a directory with two jpeg images prof.jpg and forp.jpg and you want to add them a prefix like item0, item1 etc.. (that is item0prof.jpg, item1forp.jpg etc..) do this: cd /path/to/the/images mrename '*.jpg' item -c to copy each matching file into another with the new name mrename '*.jpg' item -m to rename each file without keeping a copy with the previous name Word-Wide-Web: http://alfalinux.sourceforge.net/mrename.php3 AUTHOR
: Giancarlo -rofus- Erra e-mail: rofus@mindless.com This manual page was written by Dr. Guenter Bechly <gbechly@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It is distributed under the GPL just like mrename itself. October 22, 2000 MRENAME(1)