Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with fetching data from Oracle database Post 302775687 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 09:06:49 AM
Old 03-05-2013
Could I suggest a variation to your query:-

Code:
SELECT ''''||NAME||'''' FROM PRODUCT ;

There are four single quotes at the beginning and end of the field you are requesting along with double pipe marks to concatenate. This should return you quoted values that I hope will load your array.

I regret I don't have anything I can test this on though, so can you give it a try and let us all know how you get on.

I hope that this helps,

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK

Last edited by rbatte1; 03-05-2013 at 12:24 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to export data from csv file to oracle database

Hello people, Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Shell Script to upload data from Text file to Oracle database

Hi Does any one have any idea on uploading the data using Unix Shell script from text file to Oracle database. Requirement:- 1. Need to connect to Oracle database from Unix Shell script. 2. Need to pick Text file from some location on Unix Box. 3. Need to upload the data from text file to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrashekharj
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to extract data from oracle database

shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frns5
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the data from database (oracle) and send the output as an .xls file?

Hi, How to extract the data from Oracle database and sent the output data to mails using mailx command with .xls attachement? Here i know how to connect the database using unix shell script and how to use the mailx command in UNIX script But i don't know how to use the .xls format file (i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

why do we need UNIX shell script to load data into Oracle database

Hello everyone, I am new to shell scripting/ loading data into a database. I want to load data into Oracle database using SQL loader. Can some one please explain why do we need unix shell script to load the data into the database? Also can someone please explain what has to be in that script?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_prog
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mask the Oracle Database Data

Hi, We have to mask the data that is coming from production environment to Non-production environment. The database is running in oracle platform. If anybody has generic scripts to achive this task,it would be great if that can be shared with me? Thank you, Jayaprakash. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandaru_0810
10 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	  DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-12 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3)