Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Divide an EBCDIC files into multiple files based on value at 45-46 bytes Post 302775343 by MadeInGermany on Monday 4th of March 2013 04:14:29 PM
Old 03-04-2013
Amazing, no temp file and not even a while loop!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing EBCDIC files

Hi Guys, I wish to compare two ebcdic files. diff utility manual says it only compares two text files line by line.. I doubt this will be good for ebcdic files. cmp utility does binary comparision but I do not find any thing in manual referring if it does support ebcdic file format. let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to divide single large log file into multiple files.

Can you please help me with writing script for following purpose. I have to divide single large web access log file into multiple log files based on dates inside the log file. For example: if data is logged in the access file for jan-10-08 , jan-11-08 , Jan-12-08 then make small log file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamleshm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk 3 files to one based on multiple columns

Hi all, I have three files, one is a navigation file, one is a depth file and one is a file containing the measured field of gravity. The formats of the files are; navigation file: 2006 320 17 39 0 0 *nav 21.31542 -157.887 2006 320 17 39 10 0 *nav 21.31542 -157.887 2006 320 17 39 20 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrealphus
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining files based on multiple keys

I need a script (perl or awk..anything is fine) to join 3 files based on three key columns. The no of non-key columns can vary in each file. The columns are delimited by semicolon. For example, File1 Dim1;Dim2;Dim3;Fact1;Fact2;Fact3;Fact4;Fact5 ---- data delimited by semicolon --- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebben
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create a file based on multiple files

Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out a way to create a file that will be renamed based off of one of multiple files. For example, if I have 3 files (cat.ctl, dog.ctl, and bird.ctl) that gets placed on to an ftp site I want to create a single file called new.cat.ctl, new.dog.ctl, etc for each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coach5779
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide large data files into smaller files

Hello everyone! I have 2 types of files in the following format: 1) *.fa >1234 ...some text... >2345 ...some text... >3456 ...some text... . . . . 2) *.info >1234 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to concatenate multiple files based on the rest of ls -lrt

uadm@4132> ls -lrt -rw------- 1 uadm uadm 3811819 Jun 6 04:08 data_log-2010.05.30-10:04:08.txt -rw------- 1 uadm uadm 716246 Jun 13 01:38 data_log-2010.06.06-10:04:08.txt -rw------- 1 uadm uadm 996 Jun 13 04:00 data_log-2010.06.06-10:04:22.txt -rw------- 1 uadm uadm 7471 Jun 20 02:03... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Archiving multiple files based on name and date

Dear Gurus, I am a novice in shell scripts. I have a requirement where I need to move files every day from Current Folder to Archive folder. Daily I will be receiving 5 files in the folder - /opt/data/feeds/. The feeds folder has two sub-folders - Current and Archive. For example the... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankar1dada
25 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

divide the file into multiple files based on the city name

Hi, I have a file abc.dat. It contains the fileds of empid, empname, empcity. each city contains 10 records. i want to create the city file and pass the same city records into the file. I don't know the city names. In unix using awk command how can we do? abc.dat: 1 john delhi 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghukreddy.ab
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving multiple files based on the pattern

I want to search for a particular file name patterns and move them to a specific folder, is it possible to do it with awk or sed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies
ustrtok(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  ustrtok(3alleg4)

NAME
ustrtok - Retrieves tokens from a string. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> char *ustrtok(char *s, const char *set); DESCRIPTION
This function retrieves tokens from `s' which are delimited by characters from `set'. To initiate the search, pass the string to be searched as `s'. For the remaining tokens, pass NULL instead. Warning: Since ustrtok alters the string it is parsing, you should always copy the string to a temporary buffer before parsing it. Also, this function is not re-entrant (ie. you cannot parse two strings at the same time). Example: char *word; char string[]="some-words with dashes"; char *temp = ustrdup(string); word = ustrtok(temp, " -"); while (word) { allegro_message("Found `%s' ", word); word = ustrtok(NULL, " -"); } free(temp); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the token, or NULL if no more are found. SEE ALSO
uconvert(3alleg4), ustrchr(3alleg4), ustrrchr(3alleg4), ustrstr(3alleg4), ustrpbrk(3alleg4), ustrtok_r(3alleg4), allegro_message(3alleg4), ustrncpy(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 ustrtok(3alleg4)