Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Live snoop analysis
Operating Systems Solaris Live snoop analysis Post 302774777 by jlliagre on Sunday 3rd of March 2013 07:23:04 AM
Old 03-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo123
Well whireshark can be run ove windows I am more intrested to take live snoop and analyse at bash level.

Any idea
Wireshark has a CLI mode, tshark, if this is what you are looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snoop equivalent

is there a snoop equivalent in other flavors of unix? HPUX, SCO or linux. TIA Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop equivalent for AIX

is there a snoop equivalent in other flavors of unix? for AIX IBM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcasares
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Snoop Functions

Hello! It is my first post in this forum :). I`m facing a strange issue. I am using a Solaris 8 as OS, and using the ipnat (ipf) to NAT an incoming port to another, as following: Host SUN with Solaris 8/NAT WEB Page (A.B.C.D:80) ---> |A.B.C.D:80 ->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mf_lattanzi
0 Replies

4. Solaris

snoop command

Hi. I'm trying to capture traffic with the snoop command using the net expression but I fail when a I've to specify a subnet ex: 10.201.64/18 Did you know the correct syntax? I've tried with snoop -ta -x0 net 10.201.64.0 255.255.192.0 but doesn't match. Thnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurtolo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Snoop Script

Hi, I want to write a script that checks an interface with the snoop command, if there is no traffic in 10 minutes on port 123 from the ip add 10.*.*.* it should send a e-mail.but i don't know how to start writing this script does anybody have an idea or an sample script that i can modifi. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snoop package install

I was trying to install the solaris snoop package on a flavor of linux. I got the tar file, unzipped it. when I CD to the unzipped snoop directory, I ran the command ./configure ; make and I got the following error. Did anybody run into this before? what can I do to install snoop? checking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP Snoop

Hi, Can anyone please tell me a ftp site where I can download the solaris snoop package? I need to download the package so I can use the command in a Linux environment instead of using tcpdump. Need practice with snoop. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Snoop perl script

Hi , I would like to write a perl script with the snoop command to capture packets from a specific IP address to a node (incoming packets) and packets from that node for the same session to another node and save the capture to a file. I would like my script to be able to read my IP all the time... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse snoop output

Hi all, Is it possible to create an script that parse an snoop output similar to the example above ? Each line is ended by "$" (set list in vi). as a result, I would like to print the output in only one line. can someone give me some tip ? Thanks a lot .:) l version="1.0" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robdcb
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
opensnoop(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     opensnoop(1m)

NAME
opensnoop - snoop file opens as they occur. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
opensnoop [-a|-A|-ceFghstvxZ] [-f pathname] [-n name] [-p PID] DESCRIPTION
opensnoop tracks file opens. As a process issues a file open, details such as UID, PID and pathname are printed out. The returned file descriptor is printed, a value of -1 indicates an error. This can be useful for troubleshooting to determine if applia- cions are attempting to open files that do not exist. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-a print all data -A dump all data, space delimited -c print current working directory of process -e print errno value -F print the flags passed to open -g print full command arguments -s print start time, us -t print user stack trace -v print start time, string -x only print failed opens -Z print zonename -f pathname file pathname to snoop -n name process name to snoop -p PID process ID to snoop EXAMPLES
Default output, print file opens by process as they occur, # opensnoop Print human readable timestamps, # opensnoop -v See error codes, # opensnoop -e Snoop this file only, # opensnoop -f /etc/passwd FIELDS
ZONE Zone name UID User ID PID Process ID PPID Parent Process ID FD File Descriptor (-1 is error) FLAGS Flags passed to open ERR errno value (see /usr/include/sys/errno.h) CWD current working directory of process PATH pathname for file open COMM command name for the process ARGS argument listing for the process TIME timestamp for the open event, us STRTIME timestamp for the open event, string DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
opensnoop will run forever until Ctrl-C is hit. BUGS
occasionally the pathname for the file open cannot be read and the following error will be seen, dtrace: error on enabled probe ID 6 (...): invalid address this is normal behaviour. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.60 Jan 12, 2006 opensnoop(1m)