Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wait process holding CPU
Operating Systems AIX Wait process holding CPU Post 302774395 by MichaelFelt on Friday 1st of March 2013 06:13:52 PM
Old 03-01-2013
another way to testif delays are caused bt name server lookups is to edit /etc/netsvc.conf.
add or edit a line so that it says,
hosts=local4

fyi my normal setting is: hosts=local4,bind4 as I am not using any IP6.
This User Gave Thanks to MichaelFelt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process Wait on DG UX

Does anyone know what the equivalent command to pwait on Solaris is on DG/UX. I need my script to kick off a process and wait till it is complete before continuing with the script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabbas
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

86% CPU for wait

Hi, is-it normal to have 86% of CPU for wait commande : ps aux| head -20 UTIL PID %CPU %MEM SZ RSS TTY STAT STIME TIME COMMAND root 516 86,6 0,0 12 12 - A 02 nov 2088:03 wait oralfa01 54422 4,6 1,0 68044 39868 - A 09:20:06 2:27 oracleALFA01 If... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait command - cat it wait for not-chile process?

Did not use 'wait' yet. How I understand by now the wait works only for child processes, started background. Is there any other way to watch completion of any, not related process (at least, a process, owned by the same user?) I need to start a background process, witch will be waiting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

5. AIX

%wait nmon CPU-UTILISATION

Hi, I collect statistics with nmon. I'm very suprised about % wait of processor. Number Of Processors: 4 Processor Clock Speed: 4204 MHz Do U have an idea about % wait ? │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tagger
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make the parent process to wait for the child process

Hi All, I have two ksh script. 1st script calls the 2nd script and the second script calls an 'C' program. I want 1st script to wait until the 'C' program completes. I cant able to get the process id for the 'C' program (child process) to make the 1st script to wait for the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sennidurai
7 Replies

7. Solaris

How to check which process is holding up the ilde port

HI All Am on Sun OS.While trying to start a process , we could see that the port is idle and we are not able to find the process holding that port. Below is the result we get after using netstat command. lsof command is not yet installed in our machine. netstat -a | grep "port no"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whiteboard
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Process holding /tmp space, need to know the process details

Hi , In a server /tmp has almost reached 75% and i can see the File system utilization is 48Mb only , so i believe some process is using the /tmp space. I would like to know which process is using /tmp space. # df -h /tmp Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on swap ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

9. AIX

Wait time shows high CPU usage

Hi, I can't seem to make sense of this. My wait time is showing really high but vmstat's and topas are showing normal usage. ps aux USER PID %CPU %MEM SZ RSS TTY STAT STIME TIME COMMAND root 9961810 5680.7 0.0 448 384 - A Dec 16 6703072:12 wait ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find process holding a semaphore?

Hello All, The system concerned has multiple processes communicating with each other using shared memory. These processes use semaphores to protect data being used amongst them. The "key" would uniquely identifies the particular semaphore corresponding to a resource for the various processes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saptarshi
2 Replies
FBB::lm(3bobcat)                                              OFoldStream manipulator                                             FBB::lm(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::lm - Manipulator setting left margins of OFoldStream objects SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/ofoldstream> or #include <bobcat/ofoldstreambuf> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
The lm class implements a manipulator that can be inserted into OFoldStream objects to set the stream's left margin to a requested value. Depending on the tab-setting of the OFoldStream the inserted value represents the number of blank space characters or the number of tab-characters that will be used for the left margin. The request will be processed at the next newline character or std::flush or std::endl manipulator that is inserted into the stream. If a line is still once an lm object and a flush manipulator are inserted into the stream then the new left margin will be effective at the next word inserted into that line (cf., the example section below). A bad_cast exception is thrown when the manipulator is inserted into an ostream that is not using a OFoldStreambuf buffer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- CONSTRUCTOR
o lm(size_t newValue): The standard copy constructor is available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
There are no public or protected member functions in this class. EXAMPLE
#include <iostream> #include <bobcat/ofoldstream> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main() { OFoldStream out(cout, 0, 80); out << "hello world (left margin is 0)" << lm(4) << " " "this uses a 4 character wide left margin " << lm(0) << flush << "at column 0 again "; return 0; } FILES
bobcat/lm - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), manipulators(3bobcat), mlm(3bobcat), ofoldstream(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::lm(3bobcat)