Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Alias command syntax
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alias command syntax Post 302774019 by friend on Friday 1st of March 2013 04:21:42 AM
Old 03-01-2013
Thanks! Putting another type of quote characters around the "T*.xml" solved the problem. I tried `T*.xml` before and that didn't work. So I didn't know the solution was so easy. Thanks a lot!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to create a command alias

I want to create a command alias. I know what shell I'm using, I just don't know which file to inter the command alias. When I type "echo $SHELL" the output is as follows: bin/sh If I'm correct, this is the bourne shell. Does anyone know which file to edit in this particular shell? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alias for rm command

Hi, i want to make alias for rm command. It should actually move the file to a directory in my home. Say if i type %rm abc.txt the command should expand to %mv abc.txt ~ashishp/trash How should I write the alias for this? -Ashish (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a question about alias command

Some Unix systems won't enable you to do the following. What danger do you see lurking in this alias? (a) alias who (b)who -a Do you know it? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayyu317
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Alias a command

Hi 'm executing a java program from my shell script on solaris 9 as $JAVA_HOME\bin\java -ms32m -mx128m -classpath $CLASSPATH com.abc.fwk,abcServer.abcfwkServer $1 & where $1 is port number when i do ps -ef, it shows whole command , i want to give this some alias name as abcProcess, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_garima
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alias command in script

How can I embed alias command inside the unix script? Script: echo "...." ... ... alias aa=/usr/bin/telnet ... ...The above script is not working. If I type aa hostname in the command prompt 'TELNET' terminal is not opening. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias command within .profile

Please could someone advise me the command - to set up aliases commands within a .profile using shell sh regards venhart (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

complicated alias command

hi guys i m making one alias which will set variable , invoke sqlplus and also set prompt of sqlplus,,i have made successfully upto invoking sqlplus in unix but cant pass command in sqlplus here is the command alias sett='export ORACLE_SID=devdb2;sqlplus system/system@test' now this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp command not working with alias

Hi Friends, I have added some aliases in .bash_profile file under the root folder. Its works fine and very useful, but does not go well with cp command. alias deploy="cd /usr/local/tomcat/webapp" alias artifacts="cd /usr/local/artifacts" but when i try to cp from artifacts folder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashdeep
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias command help

Hello, I'm attempting to configure shell settings in my new Macbook. The standard unix command line 'alias' doesn't seem to be working: bash-3.2$ alias dir ls -la bash: alias: dir: not found bash: alias: ls: not found bash: alias: -la: not found bash-3.2$ alias dir 'ls -la' bash:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palex
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SUDO help with command alias

Hi there, I'm trying to setup sudo privileges for a user, Oracle in this case, to run Unix commands like mv,chmod, chown, mkdir, rmdir against their own set of commands or scripts. Is there an easier way to do this than to give Unix commands for each of their respective commands as shown below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies
VTYSH(1)							  Version 0.96.5							  VTYSH(1)

NAME
vtysh - a integrated shell for Quagga routing software SYNOPSIS
vtysh [ -b ] vtysh [ -E ] [ -d daemon ] ] [ -c command ] DESCRIPTION
vtysh is a integrated shell for Quagga routing engine. OPTIONS
Options available for the vtysh command: -b, --boot Execute boot startup configuration. It makes sense only if integrated config file is in use (not default in Quagga). See Info file Quagga for more info. -c, --command command Specify command to be executed under batch mode. It behaves like -c option in any other shell - command is executed and vtysh exits. It's useful for gathering info from Quagga routing software or reconfiguring daemons from inside shell scripts, etc. Note that mul- tiple commands may be executed by using more than one -c option and/or embedding linefeed characters inside the command string. -d, --daemon daemon_name Specify which daemon to connect to. By default, vtysh attempts to connect to all Quagga daemons running on the system. With this flag, one can specify a single daemon to connect to instead. For example, specifying '-d ospfd' will connect only to ospfd. This can be particularly useful inside scripts with -c where the command is targeted for a single daemon. -e, --execute command Alias for -c. It's here only for compatibility with Zebra routing software and older Quagga versions. This will be removed in future. -E, --echo When the -c option is being used, this flag will cause the standard vtysh prompt and command to be echoed prior to displaying the results. This is particularly useful to separate the results when executing multiple commands. -h, --help Display a usage message on standard output and exit. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
VTYSH_PAGER This should be the name of the pager to use. Default is more. FILES
/usr/local/etc/vtysh.conf The default location of the vtysh config file. /usr/local/etc/Quagga.conf The default location of the integrated Quagga routing engine config file if integrated config file is in use (not default). WARNING
This man page is intended to be a quick reference for command line options. The definitive document is the Info file Quagga. SEE ALSO
bgpd(8), ripd(8), ripngd(8), ospfd(8), ospf6d(8), isisd(8), zebra(8) BUGS
vtysh eats bugs for breakfast. If you have food for the maintainers try http://bugzilla.quagga.net AUTHORS
See http://www.zebra.org and http://www.quagga.net or the Info file for an accurate list of authors. Quagga VTY shell 27 July 2006 VTYSH(1)