Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level? Post 302773271 by Scott on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 03:27:55 PM
Old 02-27-2013
Why don't you start from the beginning and tell us exactly what's happened?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

screen problem

Hi Can anyone help with the following problem. I have an ultra 5 box running SunOS 5.6, since a reboot last week the following error message has appeared on the servers screen resulting in no one being able to login to the box direct: - INT: Command is respawning too rapidly. check for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superuser
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with screen

Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out how to send commands from one screen to another. For example i wish to send a simple "ls -all" from screen #1 to screen #2, can it be done, and how? :confused: Thank you! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurth
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU screen

Hello, One of the things I like about screen is that it has a scrollback buffer, which if you go into the copy mode, will let you go back for a specified number of line. Is there a way to extend the number of scrollback lines in screen? I've looked thoroughly online and I could not find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

4. Solaris

screen saver

I am using solaris 10 x86, i am trying to create my own sreensavers using the pictures in my folder. pls can someone tell on how to go about this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Virtual screen accessed by Screen Sharing

Hi, I'm trying to create a virtual screen, (maybe xvfb? or any other virtual screen buffer) and be able to use Screen Sharing to connect to it. The setup is that I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV. But when my girlfriend is using Front Row, I can't use Screen Sharing at the same time from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linge
0 Replies

6. Programming

Information from screen

Hi, Just wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction on this one. What I'm basically trying to do is write a program to grab information off a webpage which is continually updating itself. I dont want to say take millions of screen shots, I just want the program to constantly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnnaLynn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

move directories up one level

hi , could you help me with shell scripting in a shell script i have these commands a=`ls -R $dir | grep ./ ` cp -R ./$a/* ./$output/ with the first command i have all the directories with the second command i want to copy them in a new directory something like this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faethon
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. Linux

Screen command

Hey Guys, Linux screen command is not working . listing shows it is attached and i pressed some ctrl keys and went out of control. i believe i locked it . when i try to reattach and press ctrl keys , it get typed in the screen without responding to it. Please tell how to unlock the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdsaleemj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

O/P same as on screen

#Random Scripts 4 #Desc: clear echo "1. To see all processes currently running on the system" echo "2. To kill any given process" echo "Choose between the two" read x case $x in "1")print `ps aux`;; "2") echo "Choose a process to be killed" read y check=`ps ax | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: targetshell
1 Replies
XmTextFindStringWcs(3X) 												   XmTextFindStringWcs(3X)

NAME
XmTextFindStringWcs - A Text function that finds the beginning position of a wide character text string SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Text.h> Boolean XmTextFindStringWcs (widget, start, wcstring, direction, position) Widget widget; XmTextPosition start; wchar_t *wcstring; XmTextDirection direction; XmTextPosition *position; DESCRIPTION
XmTextFindStringWcs locates the beginning position of a specified wide character text string. This routine searches forward or backward for the first occurrence of the string, starting from the given start position. If a match is found, the function returns the position of the first character of the string in position. Specifies the Text widget ID. Specifies the character position from which the search pro- ceeds. This is an integer number of characters from the beginning of the text buffer. The first character position is 0. Specifies the wide character search string. Indicates the search direction. It is relative to the primary direction of the text. The possible values are: The search proceeds toward the end of the buffer. The search proceeds toward the beginning of the buffer. Specifies the pointer in which the first character position of the string match is returned. This is an integer number of characters from the beginning of the buf- fer. The first character position is 0. If the function returns False, this value is undefined. For a complete definition of Text and its associated resources, see XmText(3X). RETURN VALUE
Returns True if a string match is found; otherwise, returns False. SEE ALSO
XmText(3X), XmTextFindString(3X) XmTextFindStringWcs(3X)