Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux Platform - NDM Script - && Operator Post 302772945 by dsfreddie on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 05:20:19 AM
Old 02-27-2013
Linux Platform - NDM Script - && Operator

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to NDM 3 files from LINUX to Mainframe system & trigger a job in mainframe once the 3 files are transmitted successfully.

I am getting an error message in the && operator (the code component where i am checking whether step 1/2/3 are completed).

Pls find the code below.

Quote:
STEP1 copy from (file=$FILE_PATH/$FILE1_DS pnode)
ckpt=no
to (file=$FILE1_MF
DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=500,BLKSIZE=0,DSORG=PS)
DISP=(NEW) SPACE=(CYL,(000478,0000250,),RLSE,,) snode)
STEP2 copy from (file=$FILE_PATH/$FILE2_DS pnode)
ckpt=no
to (file=$FILE2_MF
DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=500,BLKSIZE=0,DSORG=PS)
DISP=(NEW) SPACE=(CYL,(000478,0000250,),RLSE,,) snode)
STEP3 copy from (file=$FILE_PATH/$FILE3_DS pnode)
ckpt=no
to (file=$FILE3_MF
DCB=(RECFM=FB,LRECL=100,BLKSIZE=0,DSORG=PS)
DISP=(NEW) SPACE=(CYL,(000500,0000250,),RLSE,,) snode)
TEST if [[ STEP1 -eq 0 && STEP2 -eq 0 && STEP3 -eq 0 ]]; then
STEP4 run task (PGM=U7SVC) sysopts="'CA7=CA72;D=CA7TRIGT.WCCT.$WCC1SDAR.DUPTIN.ART'" snode
Error Message:

Quote:
XPAS001I Return Code: 8 Feedback: 0
Symbolic Not Found at "&&".
XPAS001I Return Code: 8 Feedback: 0
Symbolic Not Found at "&&".
XPAM001I Return Code: 8 Feedback: 0
Errors Parsing
Can somebody help me resolve this issue.

Thanks Much
Freddie
Can

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ATI && XFree86 (Linux)

Anyone who have any ideas how-to make X faster. I have a ATI Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x card and I wanto get it fast, mostly for movie playback and so. Is there OpenGL and GLX support? regards Esaia (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Esaia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in if using && operator

VARIABLE="project" if && ] then echo "VARIABLE is not empty" fi this is not working what is wrong in the syntax?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative to && operator

"Both cases have to be true for the expression to evaluate "true". is that not so. the following code does a read from a txt file, an then suppose to do the deletion ,but although the condition exists, its not performing the deletion && echo "\n\t Deleting printer ${prt} !!!" if !... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Magic numbers '&' operator problem

Hello everyone, on the man page of "magic(5)" There is explanation "&, to specify that the value from the file must have set all of the bits that are set in the specified value" . My question is that what is the difference between '&' and equal operator '=' ? I tested it with file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: segmentation
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
dpkg-trigger(1) 						    dpkg suite							   dpkg-trigger(1)

NAME
dpkg-trigger - a package trigger utility SYNOPSIS
dpkg-trigger [option...] trigger-name dpkg-trigger [option...] command DESCRIPTION
dpkg-trigger is a tool to explicitly activate triggers and check for its support on the running dpkg. This can be used by maintainer scripts in complex and conditional situations where the file triggers, or the declarative activate triggers control file directive, are insufficiently rich. It can also be used for testing and by system administrators (but note that the triggers won't actually be run by dpkg-trigger). Unrecognized trigger name syntaxes are an error for dpkg-trigger. COMMANDS
--check-supported Check if the running dpkg supports triggers (usually called from a postinst). Will exit 0 if a triggers-capable dpkg has run, or 1 with an error message to stderr if not. Normally, however, it is better just to activate the desired trigger with dpkg-trigger. -?, --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--admindir=dir Change the location of the dpkg database. The default location is /var/lib/dpkg. --by-package=package Override trigger awaiter (normally set by dpkg through the DPKG_MAINTSCRIPT_PACKAGE environment variable of the maintainer scripts, naming the package to which the script belongs, and this will be used by default). --no-await This option arranges that the calling package T (if any) need not await the processing of this trigger; the interested package(s) I, will not be added to T's trigger processing awaited list and T's status is unchanged. T may be considered installed even though I may not yet have processed the trigger. --await This option does the inverse of --no-await (since dpkg 1.17.21). It is currently the default behavior. --no-act Just test, do not actually change anything. EXIT STATUS
0 The requested action was successfully performed. Or a check or assertion command returned true. 1 A check or assertion command returned false. 2 Fatal or unrecoverable error due to invalid command-line usage, or interactions with the system, such as accesses to the database, memory allocations, etc. ENVIRONMENT
DPKG_ADMINDIR If set and the --admindir option has not been specified, it will be used as the dpkg data directory. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1), deb-triggers(5), /usr/share/doc/dpkg-dev/triggers.txt.gz. 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 dpkg-trigger(1)