Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron JOb Entry
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron JOb Entry Post 302772576 by mahesh300182 on Tuesday 26th of February 2013 06:45:14 AM
Old 02-26-2013
Thanks a lot bro ... that would definetly help me..

---------- Post updated at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:35 AM ----------

Hi Frnds.

i have files created daily in that folder. so it will have hundreds of files.how to get the list of files that are created on that date.i mean for today i should receive a mail with the list of files along with the size created today(2/26/2013)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job entry not running

Hi, I am facing this problem . My Cronjob entry is not running !!! I am having Sun solaris 9 and cronjob entry is "45 1 * * * /safedir/rdns/opt/RDNS1.1Scripts/drpl_audit_log_script.sh_orig > /dev/null 2>&1" Now when I try to look in the output log files it creates, it is some file with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hkapil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Hi, Where can we find Cron job logs?i have a cron job which is not executing at all, 00 12 * * * /xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log if i execute the job alone,it is executing fine. >/xx/yy/job > /pp/qq/log (is executing fine) but its not executing when it triggered from cron.is there any place cron... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rujus
7 Replies

3. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

4. Solaris

User entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny

Hello All, Anybody please help me to know ,what happens when a user having entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny files.Wheather the user will be able to access the crontab??? Thanks in advance Vaisakh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
5 Replies

5. Solaris

cron entry

Hi, I have to add two cron entry now. Please correct me if anything wrong Below script should run at every one and half hour. 30 01 * * * /export/home/gxadm/scripts/collect_mq_info.pl $HOME/GCSS/logs > /dev/null 2>&1 Below script should run at every 2 hours 0 02 * * *... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running

I have put a cron entry in oracle user for taking hot backup every wednesday@ 2.30 AM and have given the cron entry 30 02 * * 3 /u01/vijay/hotbackupcron 2>&1 >> /u01/vijay/hotbackup.log also find below the script inside hotbackupcron, i have put in env variables as well ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron entry

Hi I have a system running solaris 11, in which I am able to execute a script from the command line, but once I put i the crontab does run, but do not give results. The entry is: 15 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./startOSWbb.sh >> myjob.log 2>&1 30 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./stopOSWbb.sh I have check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit The SIZE argument is an integer and optional unit (example: 10K is 10*1024). Units are K,M,G,T,P,E,Z,Y (powers of 1024) or KB,MB,... (pow- ers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/truncate> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) truncate invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 TRUNCATE(1)