Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Returning to menu
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Returning to menu Post 302771974 by hotshot247 on Friday 22nd of February 2013 10:18:41 AM
Old 02-22-2013
thanks for the help! i'll check them out and see what i come up with

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning value from sqlplus

Hi, I need to return one value from sqlplus to UNIX environment. Can anyone give me an example? i.e. select username from v$session where sid=15; This query will return username value which I require in UNIX after exiting from sqlplus. Malay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pclose returning -1

Hi all, In my application i am trying to select some text & then give it to print. for this i am opening a stream using popen & then later closing using pclose. Now this is working fine in my environment (solaris) but the pclose function is failing at my clients m/c. Even though print is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimishm123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning from a function

Hi all, I am very new to BASH shell programming. I need to return an integer from a function to the caller function. I did this: but it keeps giving me wrong return: Can someone help me out here, please? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu in Menu script issue

Problem: I am trying to create a menu in a menu script and I am running into an issue with the calculator portion of the script. I am first presented with the ==Options Menu== which all 5 options working correctly. Now comes the fun part. I select option 1 which takes me to my ==Calculator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iDdraig
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Returning to Menu automatically

I am trying to write a script where after choosing an option from the main menu the information from the option is displayed for 5 seconds and then the person is automatically returned to the main menu. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grimblegrumble
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning -ve value in a pattern

Dear Friends, I need your help once more. I want to write a simple select as follows select amount from books where sr=1234 However, if value of "Amount" is negative then it should print it as follows. "3000-" and not as "-3000" Can you help me in this? Waiting for reply Anu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu with sub-menu options

Hi! I have created on script which is working fine with menu options and with a sub-menu. I want to enhance it by using sub-options under menu options. Like. option 1) will give the list only. option 1.1) should give the option to user to choose one file, whose content user wanna see. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
install-menu(1) 					      Debian GNU/Linux manual						   install-menu(1)

NAME
install-menu - Process a menu method and generate the menu files for a window manager or a menu-aware application. DESCRIPTION
update-menus(1) computes the list of menu entries and passes it in turn to the menu methods in /etc/menu-methods/. The task of a menu meth- ods is to generate menus for a specific window manager. install-menu provides a generic and customizable way to do that. The documentation of the install-menu definition language is available in the Debian Menu manual, a local copy being available in /usr/share/doc/menu/html. SYNOPSIS
install-menu [-vh] [--remove] <menu-method> Read menu entries from stdin in update-menus --stdout format and generate menu files using the specified menu-method. Normally used in menu method scripts as #! /usr/bin/install-menu. OPTIONS
-h,--help Show the help message and exit. --remove Remove the menu files instead of generating them. -v,--verbose Output messages about what the program is doing. COPYING
install-menu is distributed under the term of the GNU General Public License version 2, or (at your option) any later version. AUTHOR
Written by Joost Witteveen <joostje@debian.org>. Now maintained by Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
update-menus(1), menufile(5), /usr/share/doc/menu/html Debian Project 28 November 2005 install-menu(1)