Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Join multiple lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Join multiple lines Post 302771930 by hench on Friday 22nd of February 2013 07:16:32 AM
Old 02-22-2013
Thanks Franklin52 !
It works fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Join multiple lines

Hi, I have data with broken lines: Sample data: "12"|"25"|"a"|"b"|"c"|"d"|"e"|"f"|"2453748"|"08:10:50" "16"|"25"|"a"|"b"|"c"|"d"|"e"|"f"|" 2453748"|"08:15:50" "16"|"25"|"a"|"b"|" c"|"d"|"e"|"f"|"2453748"|"08:19:50" "16"|"25"|"a"|"b"|"c"|"d"|"e"|"f"|"2453748"|"08:19:50" In the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

join on a file with multiple lines, fields

I've looked at the join command which is able to perform what I need on two rows with a common field, however if I have more than two rows I need to join all of them. Thus I have one file with multiple rows to be joined on an index number: 1 randomtext1 2 rtext2 2 rtext3 3 rtext4 3 rtext5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimper
5 Replies

3. Programming

sql,multiple join,outer join issue

example sql: select a.a1,b.b1,c.c1,d.d1,e.e1 from a left outer join b on a.x=b.x left outer join c on b.y=c.y left outer join d on d.z=a.z inner join a.t=e.t I know how single outer or inner join works in sql. But I don't really understand when there are multiple of them. can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join 2 files with multiple columns: awk/grep/join?

Hello, My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I have had a look at several threads but I am still confused how to use these functions. I have two files, each with 5 columns: File A: (tab-delimited) PDB CHAIN Start End Fragment 1avq A 171 176 awyfan 1avq A 172 177 wyfany 1c7k A 2 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use SED to join multiple lines?

Hi guys, anyone know how can i join multiples lines using sed till the end of a file and output to another file in a single line? The end of each line will be replaced with a special char "#". I am using the below SED command, however it seems to remove the last 2 lines. Also not all lines... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use the the join command to join multiple files by a common column

Hi, I have 20 tab delimited text files that have a common column (column 1). The files are named GSM1.txt through GSM20.txt. Each file has 3 columns (2 other columns in addition to the first common column). I want to write a script to join the files by the first common column so that in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join common patterns in multiple lines into one line

Hi I have a file like 1 2 1 2 3 1 5 6 11 12 10 2 7 5 17 12 I would like to have an output as 1 2 3 5 6 10 7 11 12 17 any help would be highly appreciated Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harrisham
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join multiple lines from text file

Hi Guys, Could you please advise how to join multiple details lines into single row, with HEADER 1 as the record separator and comma(,) as the field separator. Input: HEADER 1, HEADER 2, HEADER 3, 11,22,33, COLUMN1,COLUMN2,COLUMN3, AA1, BB1, CC1, END: ABC HEADER 1, HEADER 2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: budz26
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join columns across multiple lines in a Text based on common column using BASH

Hello, I have a file with 2 columns ( tableName , ColumnName) delimited by a Pipe like below . File is sorted by ColumnName. Table1|Column1 Table2|Column1 Table5|Column1 Table3|Column2 Table2|Column2 Table4|Column3 Table2|Column3 Table2|Column4 Table5|Column4 Table2|Column5 From... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nv186000
6 Replies
privgrp(5)							File Formats Manual							privgrp(5)

NAME
privgrp - HP-UX group privileges DESCRIPTION
HP-UX allows subletting of limited superuser-like privileges to all users or to members of a particular group or groups. This capability is deprecated and only existing applications should use it. The newer fine-grained privilege facilities described in privileges(5) should be used by new applications. The header defines the following symbolic privilege names: and All but one of the group privileges are supported as fine-grained privileges and described in privileges(5). The one group privilege not supported as a fine-grained privilege is: Permits the use of the and system calls for changing respectively the real user ID and real group ID of a process (see setuid(2)). This behavior of is deprecated and only legacy applications should use it. Newer applications should use and respec- tively, to achieve the same effect. (No special privileges required.) The header defines two additional symbolic constants: defines the maximum number of groups with special privileges. Of this maximum, one is reserved for global privileges (granted to all processes) and the remainder can be assigned to actual group IDs. defines the size of the multi-word mask used in defining privileges associated with a group ID. The and commands and the and system calls may be used to define and query the privilege group associations. The group privileges are automatically initialized from the contents of (see privgrp(4)) at boot time. WARNINGS
This mechanism is deprecated and only legacy applications should use it. See privileges(5) for a description of fine-grained privileges. SEE ALSO
getprivgrp(1), setprivgrp(1M), chown(2), getprivgrp(2), lockf(2), mpctl(2), plock(2), pset_create(2), rtprio(2), rtsched(2), serialize(2), setgid(2), setuid(2), shmctl(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). privgrp(5)