Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing FFTW - ./configure --enable-mpi error. Post 302771409 by DGPickett on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 02:46:04 PM
Old 02-20-2013
Do you know what your 'Checking for MPI_Init' lines said that time? MPI seems very central to the HPC system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_HPC_Server_2008

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure error

Hey, i'm trying to use httptunnel and it won't let me configure it. here's what the cmnd line gives me: pbg4% ./configure creating cache ./config.cache checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking whether make sets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macaddictg4
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

fftw libraries

hi everyone, I need fftw3 libraries (FFTW Installation on the MacOS) but I can't succeed in installing them on my Mac OSX. I tried with "./configure make make install" procedure, fink and macports but my programs always ask me "fftw.h" files? can you help me? thank you!! ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: federico_tn84
12 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

MPI error message and other applicatioins

1st,I'm a newbie. I've written a mpi program to realize the parallel computing and encounter many problems. 1. When the computing scale is small, that means the communication time is short, just needs few minutes, such as 14 minutes or less. The program runs well and finished the jog. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystline
0 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

MPI - Error on sending argv

Hi all, I write a simple MPI program to send a text message to another process. The code is below. (test.c) #include "mpi.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> int main(int argc, char* argv) { int dest, noProcesses, processId; MPI_Status status; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: awiles
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for enable ports error=13

Hi, I am triying to run this script in order to find the pid for each open port and when I run it in one server it give me an error and for another server is not showing the same error. Below I pasted the script and the result. script #!/usr/bin/ksh print "Port PID ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fede_mont
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Runtime Error Enable user directory apache

Hi I am exactly according to this link CentOS 6 - Apache httpd - Enable Userdir : Server World I Enabled userDirectory Server version: Apache/2.2.15 CentOS release 6.8 (Final) But Iget this Error Forbidden You don't have permission to access /~mn/index.html on this server Goal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies
FFTW-WISDOM(1)							       fftw							    FFTW-WISDOM(1)

NAME
fftw-wisdom - create wisdom (pre-optimized FFTs) SYNOPSIS
fftw-wisdom [OPTION]... [SIZE]... DESCRIPTION
fftw-wisdom is a utility to generate FFTW wisdom files, which contain saved information about how to optimally compute (Fourier) transforms of various sizes. FFTW is a free library to compute discrete Fourier transforms in one or more dimensions, for arbitrary sizes, and of both real and complex data, among other related operations. More information on FFTW can be found at the FFTW home page: http://www.fftw.org Programs using FFTW can be written to load wisdom from an arbitrary file, string, or other source. Moreover, it is likely that many FFTW- using programs will load the system wisdom file, which is stored in /etc/fftw/wisdom by default. fftw-wisdom can be used to create or add to such wisdom files. In its most typical usage, the wisdom file can be created to pre-plan a canonical set of sizes (see below) via: fftw-wisdom -v -c -o wisdom (this will take many hours, which can be limited by the -t option) and the output wisdom file can then be copied (as root) to /etc/fftw/ or whatever. The fftw-wisdom program normally writes the wisdom directly to standard output, but this can be changed via the -o option, as in the exam- ple above. If the system wisdom file /etc/fftw/wisdom already exists, then fftw-wisdom reads this existing wisdom (unless the -n option is specified) and outputs both the old wisdom and any newly created wisdom. In this way, it can be used to add new transform sizes to the existing sys- tem wisdom (or other wisdom file, with the -w option). SPECIFYING SIZES
Although a canonical set of sizes to optimize is specified by the -c option, the user can also specify zero or more non-canonical transform sizes and types to optimize, via the SIZE arguments following the option flags. Alternatively, the sizes to optimize can be read from standard input (whitespace-separated), if a SIZE argument of "-" is supplied. Sizes are specified by the syntax: <type><inplace><direction><geometry> <type> is either 'c' (complex), 'r' (real, r2c/c2r), or 'k' (r2r, per-dimension kinds, specified in the geometry, below). <inplace> is either 'i' (in place) or 'o' (out of place). <direction> is either 'f' (forward) or 'b' (backward). The <direction> should be omitted for 'k' transforms, where it is specified via the geometry instead. <geometry> is the size and dimensionality of the transform, where different dimensions are separated by 'x' (e.g. '16x32' for a two-dimen- sional 16 by 32 transform). In the case of 'k' transforms, the size of each dimension is followed by a "type" string, which can be one of f/b/h/e00/e01/e10/e11/o00/o01/o10/o11 for R2HC/HC2R/DHT/REDFT00/.../RODFT11, respectively, as defined in the FFTW manual. For example, 'cif12x13x14' is a three-dimensional 12 by 13 x 14 complex DFT operating in-place. 'rob65536' is a one-dimensional size-65536 out-of-place complex-to-real (backwards) transform operating on Hermitian-symmetry input. 'ki10hx20e01' is a two-dimensional 10 by 20 r2r transform where the first dimension is a DHT and the second dimension is an REDFT01 (DCT-III). OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help on the command-line options and usage. -V, --version Print the version number and copyright information. -v, --verbose Verbose output. (You can specify this multiple times, or supply a numeric argument greater than 1, to increase the verbosity level.) Note that the verbose output will be mixed with the wisdom output (making it impossible to import), unless you write the wisdom to a file via the -o option. -c, --canonical Optimize/pre-plan a canonical set of sizes: all powers of two and ten up to 2^20 (1048576), including both real and complex, forward and backwards, in-place and out-of-place transforms. Also includes two- and three-dimensional transforms of equal-size dimensions (e.g. 16x16x16). -t hours, --time-limit=hours Stop after a time of hours (hours) has elapsed, outputting accumulated wisdom. (The problems are planned in increasing order of size.) Defaults to 0, indicating no time limit. -o file, --output-file=file Send wisdom output to file rather than to standard output (the default). -m, --measure; -e, --estimate; -x, --exhaustive Normally, fftw-wisdom creates plans in FFTW_PATIENT mode, but with these options you can instead use FFTW_MEASURE, FFTW_ESTIMATE, or FFTW_EXHAUSTIVE modes, respectively, as described in more detail by the FFTW manual. Note that wisdom is tagged with the planning patience level, and a single file can mix different levels of wisdom (e.g. you can mostly use the patient default, but plan a few sizes that you especially care about in --exhaustive mode). -n, --no-system-wisdom Do not import the system wisdom from /etc/fftw/wisdom (which is normally read by default). -w file, --wisdom-file=file Import wisdom from file (in addition to the system wisdom, unless -n is specified). Multiple wisdom files can be read via multiple -w options. If file is "-", then read wisdom from standard input. BUGS
Send bug reports to fftw@fftw.org. AUTHORS
Written by Steven G. Johnson and Matteo Frigo. Copyright (c) 2003, 2007-11 Matteo Frigo Copyright (c) 2003, 2007-11 Massachusetts Institute of Technology SEE ALSO
fftw-wisdom-to-conf(1) fftw February, 2003 FFTW-WISDOM(1)