Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with nmon analysing
Operating Systems AIX Issue with nmon analysing Post 302770760 by jayadeava on Monday 18th of February 2013 08:18:12 AM
Old 02-18-2013
Thanks MichaelFelt..

Ill surely try it out now.. Thanks for your replay.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Analysing truss log

I am facing the following issue when using db2. The JDBC prepared statement command is sending an incorrect value to the database for search. I did a truss on the app and here is the log. I want to know what is the value that is getting passed. is it possible. 26867/68: send(62,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buytamil
2 Replies

2. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

3. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help analysing progress of a log file

Is it possible to track the progress of a job (informatica) by analysing the progress of it's log file ? I have a long running job, and no way of tracking how far allong it is. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmos328is
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Query: Analysing the Core file

Hi, Is there any way to find the mode of the binary file (debug or release) by analyzing the core file generated by that binary on the HPUX11i Platform? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Analysing Log Files?

I'm not sure if this query is relevant to this forum but here goes anyways... I want analyse log files that do not appear to be of standard format. I have tried using Analog but cannot config it to read the files. Does anyone have any advice on working with log files taken from a Unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Analysing a core dump.

Friends I was trying to analyse a core dump using pstack command in Sol5.9(Sparc) The output is as below. root: pstack core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922 core 'core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922' of 21922: istauth fe1afbb8 ttcdrv (c10e0, c1db4, 30ad8, bc950, 0, 0)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efunds
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analysing Mail Logs

Hello, I have a list of e-mails. I need to know, which email-s from that list not use. I want to do this things: - take email address from email list - find this address in mail logs - if, there is no record about this e-mail adress in list, show this e-mail address on screen I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naezdnik
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and analysing data in a text file

Hi, I have below type of data in a text file in unix. Emp_Name Emp_Dept Raj 101 Amruta 100 Shilpa 100 Rohit 123 Amol 198 Rosh 101 Gaurav 198 Number of employees can be even more. Need a command or a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in analysing SSH LOG users & time

Attached is the log file that I have generated through the following script: last | head -2 |sed '2q;d' |awk '{ print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t" $9"\t"$10"\t"$11}'>>/var/log/logadmin/logtest.txt But now I'm unable to run the following operations on it: 1. Count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lionking93
1 Replies
ZDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZDIFF(1)

NAME
zcmp, zdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
zcmp [ cmp_options ] file1 [ file2 ] zdiff [ diff_options ] file1 [ file2 ] DESCRIPTION
Zcmp and zdiff are used to invoke the cmp or the diff program on files compressed via gzip. All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only file1 is specified, it is compared to the uncompressed contents of file1.gz. If two files are specified, their con- tents (uncompressed if necessary) are fed to cmp or diff. The input files are not modified. The exit status from cmp or diff is pre- served. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), zmore(1), zgrep(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp or diff programs may refer to file names such as "-" instead of to the file names specified. ZDIFF(1)