Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with nmon analysing
Operating Systems AIX Issue with nmon analysing Post 302770649 by jayadeava on Sunday 17th of February 2013 11:45:39 PM
Old 02-18-2013
IBM Issue with nmon analysing

Dear Experts,

Am using nmon analyser version 3.3g, and when i tried analyzing my current nmon file it was done successfully. But the problem is all my old nmon files are compressed. So i uncompressed and analyzed using the same analyzer. but got this error
no valid input data! nmon run may have failed
Is it because of the nmon file size as it is of more than 1.5 MB ? The file which was successful was of 989KB. If yes then can anyone please tell me how to analyze such a big files like even 4MB.
I even tried nmon analyzer V 3.4 which is the latest one but ended up with same result. SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie
Im lost in here... can any one please help me out....

Thanks all in advance..SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Analysing truss log

I am facing the following issue when using db2. The JDBC prepared statement command is sending an incorrect value to the database for search. I did a truss on the app and here is the log. I want to know what is the value that is getting passed. is it possible. 26867/68: send(62,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buytamil
2 Replies

2. AIX

Another NMON

Anyone ever experienced a core dump when running NMON. I am running AIX 5.3 on an 8 CPU LPAR (P570). This has only recently started to happen. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

3. AIX

nmon

Can any one help where i can find articals about nomn I need to know how to read this tools ┌─CPU-Utilisation-Small-View───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ 0----------25-----------50----------75----------100│ │CPU User% Sys% Wait% Idle%| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help analysing progress of a log file

Is it possible to track the progress of a job (informatica) by analysing the progress of it's log file ? I have a long running job, and no way of tracking how far allong it is. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmos328is
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Query: Analysing the Core file

Hi, Is there any way to find the mode of the binary file (debug or release) by analyzing the core file generated by that binary on the HPUX11i Platform? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Analysing Log Files?

I'm not sure if this query is relevant to this forum but here goes anyways... I want analyse log files that do not appear to be of standard format. I have tried using Analog but cannot config it to read the files. Does anyone have any advice on working with log files taken from a Unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Analysing a core dump.

Friends I was trying to analyse a core dump using pstack command in Sol5.9(Sparc) The output is as below. root: pstack core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922 core 'core_mumux211_istauth_220_108_1229517198_21922' of 21922: istauth fe1afbb8 ttcdrv (c10e0, c1db4, 30ad8, bc950, 0, 0)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efunds
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analysing Mail Logs

Hello, I have a list of e-mails. I need to know, which email-s from that list not use. I want to do this things: - take email address from email list - find this address in mail logs - if, there is no record about this e-mail adress in list, show this e-mail address on screen I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naezdnik
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and analysing data in a text file

Hi, I have below type of data in a text file in unix. Emp_Name Emp_Dept Raj 101 Amruta 100 Shilpa 100 Rohit 123 Amol 198 Rosh 101 Gaurav 198 Number of employees can be even more. Need a command or a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in analysing SSH LOG users & time

Attached is the log file that I have generated through the following script: last | head -2 |sed '2q;d' |awk '{ print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t" $9"\t"$10"\t"$11}'>>/var/log/logadmin/logtest.txt But now I'm unable to run the following operations on it: 1. Count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lionking93
1 Replies
ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)						    ABRT Manual 					     ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)

NAME
abrt-action-analyze-backtrace - Analyzes C/C++ backtrace, generates duplication hash, backtrace rating, and identifies crash function in problem directory DIR. SYNOPSIS
abrt-action-analyze-backtrace [-v] [-d DIR] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a file named backtrace from problem directory, generates duplication hash, backtrace rating, and identifies crash function. Then it saves this data as new elements duphash, rating, crash_function in this problem directory. Integration with libreport events abrt-action-analyze-backtrace can be used as a secondary analyzer, after backtrace has been generated. The data generated by abrt-action-analyze-backtrace is useful for reporting the crash to bug databases: rating makes it possible to prevent reporting of bugs with low quality (non-informative) backtraces, duplication hash is used to find already filed bugs about similar crashes. Example usage in report_event.conf: EVENT=analyze analyzer=CCpp abrt-action-generate-backtrace || exit $? abrt-action-analyze-backtrace OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -v Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. AUTHORS
o ABRT team SEE ALSO
abrt-action-generate-backtrace abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)