Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need To Delete Lines Based On Search Criteria Post 302770584 by Yoda on Sunday 17th of February 2013 09:01:19 AM
Old 02-17-2013
Code:
SEARCH_CRITERIA="REJECT, DUPLICATE"

echo "$SEARCH_CRITERIA" | IFS=, read r d

awk -v R="$r" -v D="$d" '$0 ~ /^R/ || $0 ~ /^D/' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select records based on search criteria on first column

Hi All, I need to select only those records having a non zero record in the first column of a comma delimited file. Suppose my input file is having data like: "0","01/08/2005 07:11:15",1,1,"Created",,"01/08/2005" "0","01/08/2005 07:12:40",1,1,"Created",,"01/08/2005"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove lines based on score criteria

Hi guys, Please guide for Solution. PART-I INPUT FILE (has 2 columns ID and score) TC5584_1 93.9 DV161411_2 79.5 BP132435_5 46.8 EB682112_1 34.7 BP132435_4 29.5 TC13860_2 10.1 OUTPUT FILE (It shudn't contain the line ' BP132435_4 29.5 ' as BP132435 is repeated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append specific lines to a previous line based on sequential search criteria

I'll try explain this as best I can. Let me know if it is not clear. I have large text files that contain data as such: 143593502 09-08-20 09:02:13 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx 09-08-20 09:02:11 N line 1 test line 2 test line 3 test 143593503 09-08-20 09:02:13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesse
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete new lines based on search criteria

Hi all! A bit of background: I am trying to create a script that formats SQL statements. I have gotten so far as to add new lines based on certain match criteria like commas, keywords etc. In the process, I end up adding newlines where I don't want. For example: substr(colName, 1, 10)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayarkay
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search & delete located criteria

Guys, I manages to get awk to search and print the files that I want to delete. However I am stuck on the delete portion. Here is the command that I am using to fins these files. find /usr/local/apache/conf/vhosts/ -type f | awk '/e$/' The output is perfect. The files look like so: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on specific search criteria

I have a huge file (about 2 millions records) contains data separated by “,” (comma). As part of the requirement, I can't change the format. The objective is to remove some of the records with the following condition. If the 23rd field on each line start with 302 , I need to remove that from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Lines based on criteria

Hello, Need help with following scenario. A file contains following text: {beginning of file} New: This is a new record and it is not on same line. Since I have lost touch with script take this challenge and bring all this in one line. New: Hello losttouch. You seem to be struggling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: losttouch
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select lines from a file based on a criteria

Hi I need to select lines from a txt file, I have got a line starting with ZMIO:MSISDN= and after a few line I have another line starting with 'MOBILE STATION ISDN NUMBER' and another one starting with 'VLR-ADDRESS' I need to copy these three lines as three different columns in a separate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlcm sam
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying section of file based on search criteria

Hi Guru's, I am new to unix scripting. I have a huge file with user details in it(file2) and I have another file with a list of users(file1). Script has to search a user from file1 and get all the associated lines from file2. Example: fiel1: cn=abc cn=DEF cn=xyx File 2: dn:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate row based on criteria

Hi, I have an input file as shown below: 20140102;13:30;FR-AUD-LIBOR-1W;2.495 20140103;13:30;FR-AUD-LIBOR-1W;2.475 20140106;13:30;FR-AUD-LIBOR-1W;2.495 20140107;13:30;FR-AUD-LIBOR-1W;2.475 20140108;13:30;FR-AUD-LIBOR-1W;2.475 20140109;13:30;FR-AUD-LIBOR-1W;2.475... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Internals::Search(3perl)			 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			CPANPLUS::Internals::Search(3perl)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Internals::Search - internals for searching for modules SYNOPSIS
my $aref = $cpan->_search_module_tree( type => 'package', allow => [qr/DBI/], ); my $aref = $cpan->_search_author_tree( type => 'cpanid', data => @old_results, verbose => 1, allow => [qw|KANE AUTRIJUS|], ); my $aref = $cpan->_all_installed( ); DESCRIPTION
The functions in this module are designed to find module(objects) based on certain criteria and return them. METHODS
_search_module_tree( type => TYPE, allow => @regexes, [data => @previous_results ] ) Searches the moduletree for module objects matching the criteria you specify. Returns an array ref of module objects on success, and false on failure. It takes the following arguments: type This can be any of the accessors for the "CPANPLUS::Module" objects. This is a required argument. allow A set of rules, or more precisely, a list of regexes (via "qr//" or plain strings), that the "type" must adhere too. You can specify as many as you like, and it will be treated as an "OR" search. For an "AND" search, see the "data" argument. This is a required argument. data An arrayref of previous search results. This is the way to do an "AND" search -- "_search_module_tree" will only search the module objects specified in "data" if provided, rather than the moduletree itself. _search_author_tree( type => TYPE, allow => @regexex, [data => @previous_results ] ) Searches the authortree for author objects matching the criteria you specify. Returns an array ref of author objects on success, and false on failure. It takes the following arguments: type This can be any of the accessors for the "CPANPLUS::Module::Author" objects. This is a required argument. allow A set of rules, or more precisely, a list of regexes (via "qr//" or plain strings), that the "type" must adhere too. You can specify as many as you like, and it will be treated as an "OR" search. For an "AND" search, see the "data" argument. This is a required argument. data An arrayref of previous search results. This is the way to do an "and" search -- "_search_author_tree" will only search the author objects specified in "data" if provided, rather than the authortree itself. _all_installed() This function returns an array ref of module objects of modules that are installed on this system. perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 CPANPLUS::Internals::Search(3perl)