Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Putting bash script in C program Post 302770531 by SkySmart on Sunday 17th of February 2013 12:07:29 AM
Old 02-17-2013
thanks again. one last question.

the bash script i intend on embedding into this C program will be accepting several arguments from the command line. and it is a very big bash script. will C be able to catch the arguments?

meaning, after i have embedded the bash script into C, i will be running the C program from the command line like this:

Code:
./cprog arg1 arg2 arg3 arg4 arg5 'arg6' 'arg7' arg8 arg9 arg10

the arguments are meant for the bash script. will C be able to pass it to the script?

if i was running the bash script alone without it being embedded into C, the bash script will accept and use the arguments just fine. but i just want to make sure when it is embedded in C there wont be problems.

thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Run Program from Bash CGI-Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This is a problem I am having with my 2 semester senior project. I have a LAMP server running Ubuntu 9.10 with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JMooney5115
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with bash shell script program

Hi, This is my program. #!/bin/bash today=`date +"%b-%d-%Y"` SERVICE="pbxconnect.php" if ; then echo "pbx program is running" else nohup php pbxconnect.php > logpbx-$today.txt & fi On executing using "sh myprogram.sh" , i get the following error. myprogram.sh: line 4: ' My... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gskumar1234
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check if a program is running

I'm a bit new to bash programming and I was assigned the job of writing a script that will check to see if a program server is running and to restart the program if it is not up. The script is supposed to check the program every hour (which I have looked up and I believe I know how to do) and send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcknz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to execute a program to rename files

I just can't figure it out , so please just give me a pice of advise how to: The existing Linux program foo2bar takes as its only argument the name of a single foo file and converts it to an appropriately-named bar file. Provide a script that when executed will run foo2bar against all foo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raymen
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to start program and answer prompts?

I'm trying to write a script the simplifies the execution of a program: After starting the program (sh ~/.mfix/model/make_mfix) I am prompted four times for options: Do you need SMP version? (y/n) Do you need DMP version? (y/n) Do you need debug version? (y/n) Force re-compilation of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanew
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting a separator in file using awk/bash

I have a file with the following content: a-123-345-232 a-23343-4545-545 a-67676-45454-8787 a-129-8912-9824 b-564-78678-2322 b-5454-76767-8899 b-85554-124-152-29 c-34534-654543-323 (... and so on, actually these are pretty huge records) Now, I want that the file should not be broken in to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: askerbis
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a C/C++ program and/or bash script from a server

I wish to be able to give to a client the opportunity to : 0) Turn one of my ubuntu computers into a webserver 1) See a webpage after visiting a url where an external user/client can set a couple of variables (e.g. Number1= ?, Number2=?) 2) By pressing "run" the program runs on my machine 3)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frad
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash Shell Script Spell Checker program.

I have a majority of this problem done but seem to be struggling on the last couple of steps. Here is the whole problem to help you guys get a better understanding. Write a shell script that implements a simple spell checker. The filename you will use for your script will be your Z-id followed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DsmRacer2k14
1 Replies

9. Programming

Program or bash script to see total progress of copy

hi all, i want a program or to make a bash script to find out the total ETA/percent (would be nice aswell a progress bar) of a copy recursive command so lets say i do - cp -r /source_folder/ /destinatation_folder/ and when i run it i get no information on the screen of how the copy is... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pass RegEx to java program in bash script

I can't seem to get this right. I've tried it every way imaginable using every trick I see on stackexchange and such. No luck. So nothing major here, something like: #!/bin/bash SEARCH="ARG1 ARG2 '((^EXACT$)|(.*InTheMiddle*)|(^AtBeginning*))'" java -cp /my/class/path MyClassName $SEARCH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonkers
3 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux