Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Vmstat fault section all values are 0 Post 302770307 by MadeInGermany on Friday 15th of February 2013 06:44:19 AM
Old 02-15-2013
The many zeros in vnstat are okay.
I assume your second sample is from ps command.
<defunct> with PPID=1 is bad; it looks like a fault in the kernel.
Watch out for a kernel patch!
I am Unix expert not AIX expert. I wonder the 2nd column has PID >99999 - this is quite high. Maybe too high?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reset values for vmstat

How do you reset the values that vmstat displays? Vmstat displays a running average from the last the system was restarted on the first line, how do you reset these values without restarting the system? (Solaris 8) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuczerp
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

When I exeute vmstat (e.g. vmstat 30 2), in some machines I get some wierd result as the first line. like: -117% or 208% for CPU idle percentage. But the second line is alright. Could someone explain this please. Thanks ! Chaadana (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmstat

Hi I wanted to collect data by using vmstat -I 60 >xxxx.txt & using my own account It was stopped by it self after 2 hours try again same result We want to collect day date by succession how to collect data using vmstat for day Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

4. Linux

vmstat help

Hi everyone, I need to see some VM manager performance/behavior information on some Linux boxes regarding pages scanned/activation of the paging algorithm in order to get an idea if a given server needs more memory and is actually paging. In Aix servers, by using the vmstat cmd you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. AIX

fr and sr (from vmstat output) values are very high

Hi AIX Expert, the fr (page freed/page replacement) and sr (pages scanned by page-replacement algorithm) values from the vmstat output (see below please) are very high. I usually see this high value during the oracle database backup. In addition, the page scan/page steal/ page faults values... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Linux

Vmstat

I m checking idle time using vmstat, below are the results var=$(ssh wmtmgr@$hostname vmstat | tail -1 | awk '{print $15}') 89 and now im subtracting 89 with 100 & im getting expected results expr 100 - $var 11 Now How can I get the result 11 in one line code? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
SOAP::Fault(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  SOAP::Fault(3pm)

NAME
SOAP::Fault - encapsulates SOAP faults prior to their serialization or after their deserialization DESCRIPTION
This class encapsulates SOAP faults prior to their serialization or after their deserialization. The methods available are a constructor and four accessors. Each accessor creates an object on demand, just as the other classes do, when called as a static method. Like other accessors in the SOAP::Lite package, they return the object itself when setting the attribute. GENERATING A SOAP FAULT
To generate a SOAP Fault simply issue a Perl die command on the server side as you might normally. The SOAP processor will intercept the die command and return a SOAP Fault, using the string passed to the die command as the faultstring, to the client making the call. If you require having more control over the SOAP Fault returned to the client, then simply pass a SOAP::Fault object to the die command and the SOAP processor will behave accordingly. For example: die SOAP::Fault->faultcode('Server.Custom') # will be qualified ->faultstring('Died in server method') ->faultdetail(bless {code => 1} => 'BadError') ->faultactor('http://www.soaplite.com/custom'); METHODS
new(optional data) $fault = SOAP::Fault->new(faultcode => 'Server'); Explicitly creates a new SOAP::Fault object. Any of the four attributes represented next by accessor methods may be passed in the argument list with values immediately following their attribute name. faultcode(optional value) $fault->faultcode('MethodUnknown'); Returns the current fault code or sets it if a value is given. faultstring(optional value) $fault->faultstring("There is no $method here"); Returns or sets the fault string. faultactor(optional value) $fault->faultcode($header->actor); Returns or sets the fault-actor element. Note that the actor isn't always required in a SOAP fault. faultdetail(optional value) $fault->faultcode(bless { proxy => $ip }, 'Err'); Returns or sets the fault's detail element. Like the actor, this isn't always a required element. Note that fault detail content in a message is represented as tag blocks. Thus, the values passed to this accessor when setting the value are either SOAP::Data objects, or more general blessed hash references. In addition to these methods, the SOAP::Fault package also provides detail as an alias for faultdetail. The former is the actual name of the element with SOAP faults, but the latter name is less ambiguous when regarded with the rest of the SOAP::Lite package. Objects of this class also have a special stringification enabled. If an object is printed or otherwise stringified, the value produced is faultcode: faultstring, with the attribute values of the object. SEE ALSO
SOAP::Data, SOAP::Header, SOAP::SOM ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Special thanks to O'Reilly publishing which has graciously allowed SOAP::Lite to republish and redistribute large excerpts from Programming Web Services with Perl, mainly the SOAP::Lite reference found in Appendix B. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHORS
Paul Kulchenko (paulclinger@yahoo.com) Randy J. Ray (rjray@blackperl.com) Byrne Reese (byrne@majordojo.com) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-15 SOAP::Fault(3pm)