Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Double to const char conversion Post 302770189 by Corona688 on Thursday 14th of February 2013 04:38:22 PM
Old 02-14-2013
This also seems to apply to GNU GCC and libc, too. Neat.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

char to int64 conversion

Hi, I'm converting a C program that I made using the Visual Studio. I now use GCC (over Linux) and can't find some equivalences. I changed my __int64 definitions to unsigned long long, but can't find an equivalent to the microsoft i64toa() function, which let you convert a char* to a 64 bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raspoutine
1 Replies

2. Programming

diff b/w char const in C/C++

hi, what is the difference b/w char in C and C++.and give me the examples. Thanks... sarwan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ANSI C, char to hex conversion

Hi, I have a char buf,ch; and the buf is filled with the result from MySQL server which I get like this numbytes = recv(sock, buf, 1024, 0));I have the followingcode to display the results printf("received %ld bytes:\n",numbytes); for(c=0;c<numbytes;c++){ ch = (char)buf; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikims
2 Replies

5. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

6. Programming

conversion to 'char' from 'int' warning

Hi, I wrote a simple code in C++ converting from UpperToLower case characters. However, my compiler gives me a warning: "warning: conversion to 'char' from 'int' may alter its value". Any tips? I would like to stress, I don't want to load my string into char array. int ToLower(string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kajolo
4 Replies

7. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

8. Programming

Using const char*

I am writing some code in C++ to print a message using fprintf Here is an example void pr_desc( FILE* stream, int shift, const char* desc) { const char* format="%*s\e; fprintf(stream,format,shift,"",desc); } I call it using const char* desc; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

9. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

10. Programming

Bool vs char * conversion

I have a problem at make step to install a downloaded package consisted of different programs. In file included from kcdbext.cc:16:0: kcdbext.h: In member function �char* kyotocabinet::IndexDB::get(const char*, size_t, size_t*)’: kcdbext.h:1281:14: error: cannot convert �bool’ to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies
ABS(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    ABS(3)

NAME
abs, labs, llabs, imaxabs - compute the absolute value of an integer. SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int abs(int j); long int labs(long int j); long long int llabs(long long int j); #include <inttypes.h> intmax_t imaxabs(intmax_t j); DESCRIPTION
The abs() function computes the absolute value of the integer argument j. The labs(), llabs() and imaxabs() functions compute the absolute value of the argument j of the appropriate integer type for the function. RETURN VALUE
Returns the absolute value of the integer argument, of the appropriate integer type for the function. CONFORMING TO
SVID 3, POSIX.1, BSD 4.3, ISO/IEC 9899 (C99). POSIX.1 (1996 edition) only requires the abs() function. ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (C89) only includes the abs() and labs() functions; the functions llabs() and imaxabs() were added in C99. NOTES
Trying to take the absolute value of the most negative integer is not defined. The llabs() function is included in glibc since version 2.0, but is not in libc5 or libc4. The imaxabs() function is included in glibc since version 2.1.1. For llabs() to be declared, it may be necessary to define _ISOC99_SOURCE or _ISOC9X_SOURCE (depending on the version of glibc) before including any standard headers. GCC handles abs() and labs() as builtin functions. GCC 3.0 also handles llabs() and imaxabs() as builtins. SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), fabs(3), rint(3) GNU
2000-12-17 ABS(3)