Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find Common Values Across Two Files Post 302769876 by Yoda on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 05:55:26 PM
Old 02-13-2013
Code:
join -t"|" -1 1 -2 1 -o 1.1 1.2 2.2 file1 file2

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find all common lines from 'n' no. of files

Hi, I have one situation. I have some 6-7 no. of files in one directory & I have to extract all the lines which exist in all these files. means I need to extract all common lines from all these files & put them in a separate file. Please help. I know it could be done with the help of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files common in two sets ??? How to find ??

Suppose we have 2 set of files set 1 set 2 ------ ------ abc hgb def ppp mgh vvv nmk sdf hgb ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find common words and take them out from two files

Hi, everyone, Let's say, we have xxx.txt A 1 2 3 4 5 C 1 2 3 4 5 E 1 2 3 4 5 yyy.txt A 1 2 3 4 5 B 1 2 3 4 5 C 1 2 3 4 5 D 1 2 3 4 5 E 1 2 3 4 5 First I match the first column I find intersection (A,C, E), then I want to take those lines with ACE out from yyy.txt, like A 1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixinsjtu
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing common values across multiple files

Hi All, I have multiple (5+) text files with single columns and I would like to grep the common values across all the text files and parse it to a new file. All the values are numerical. Please let me know how to do it using awk. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, identify common records and combine unique values into one file

Good morning all, I have a problem that is one step beyond a standard awk compare. I would like to compare three files which have several thousand records against a fourth file. All of them have a value in each row that is identical, and one value in each of those rows which may be duplicated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nashton
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the common values

Hi, I have two files with the below values. file1 305231921 1.0 ben/Ben_Determination_Appeals 1348791394 2.0 ben/Ben_Determination_Appeals] 1305231921 1.0 ben/Cancel_Refund_Payment_JLRS 1348791394 2.0 ben/Cancel_Refund_Payment_JLRS 1305231921 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common values in 2 columns in 2 files

Hello, Suppose I have these 2 tab delimited files, where the second column in first file contains matching values from first column of the second file, I would like to get an output like this: File A 1 A 2 B 3 C File B A Apple C Cinnabon B Banana I would like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed EL Hadi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get both common and missing values from multiple files

Hi, I have 5 files with two columns. I need to merge all the 5 files based on column 1. If any of them are missing then corresponding 2nd column should be substituted by missing value. I know hoe to do this for 2 files. but how can I implement for 5 files. I tried this based on 5 files but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common files between two directories

I have two directories Dir 1 /home/sid/release1 Dir 2 /home/sid/release2 I want to find the common files between the two directories Dir 1 files /home/sid/release1>ls -lrt total 16 -rw-r--r-- 1 sid cool 0 Jun 19 12:53 File123 -rw-r--r-- 1 sid cool 0 Jun 19 12:53... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common values in python list in ordered format

Hello All, There are various codes available to find the intersection between two sets in python. But my case is the following: I want to find the continual common pattern in different lists compared to list1. (i have underlined the longest common patterns in set a and set b) a = 2, 3, 5,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
1 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)