Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script puts \r at the end of variable Post 302769818 by westmoreland on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 01:49:51 PM
Old 02-13-2013
Chubler, you rock. That did the trick, thank you so much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you parse a variable in a bash script?

I have a script I use on my web server (Apache2). I am changing to Lighttpd and need to make a few changes. This is what I use on my apache server #!/bin/bash # accepts 3 parameters: <domain name> <user name> <XXXXXXXX> # domain name is without www (just domain.com) # username would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Puts command in a script

Hi, I am trying to output a set of fields to a file: set outFile "printHeader.tmp" set dbFields "REPORT.TIMESTAMP.s,REPORT.CUSTOMER.s,REPORT.CODE.s" puts $dbFields > $outFile I receive the following error message: bad argument "printHeader.tmp": should be "nonewline" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrG-San
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

end of file error bash ftp script

Hello kind programmers :) I am a newbie and running into an error "line 28: syntax error: unexpected end of file" on the script shown below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! #! /bin/bash if ($#argv <3) then echo 'Usage get_modis_snow ' echo 'ftp script for MYD10A2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmshreve
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to detect a file from inserted usb and puts into a Variable

There is a same named log file that I have on my 2 different android phones. When I plug it into my computer, it appears in the media folder, For example the first android phone: /media/F6BA-0AF5/folder/A.log I want to put that into a variable to be manipulated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobenguyen
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script puts;; I need just ;

Hello Folks, I must be blind that I cant figure out this perl script why I end up with ;; at the end of the line. I am not an expert by any means #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script having variable substitution problems

Hi I am setting the variables like this : setenv MODULE1 modem5__3 setenv MODULE2 modem5__2 setenv MODULE3 modem_ctrl_1_1 setenv MODULE4 modem_1_0 setenv COUNT 10 I am having a bash script as shown below ################################################ #!/bin/bash for ((... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Acces Variable from expect-Script in bash-Script

Hi all, I have a little problem with a expect in a bash Script. The hull of my script: #!/bin/sh ( expect -c ' set a \"eee\"; # the variable a ' ) echo $a; # using the variable out of the expect script I would like to use the variable out of the expect script(in bash),... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandalfthepink
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that gathers specific values from files and puts it into HTML to send e-mail

Hi All, Sorry for long topic here. So the drill goes like that, I need a script which gathers different values from different files/locations. A_CT=`cat a.dat | awk -F'|' '{print $1}' >> report.txt` B_CT=`cat b.dat | awk -F'|' '{print $3}' >> report.txt` C_CT=`cat c.dat | awk -F'|'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakid
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies
IMCLIENT(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       IMCLIENT(3)

NAME
imclient library - authenticating callback interface to IMAP/IMSP servers SYNOPSIS
#include <cyrus/imclient.h> int imclient_connect(struct imclient **imclient, const char *host, const char *port); void imclient_close (struct imclient *imclient); void imclient_setflags(struct imclient *imclient, intflags); void imclient_clearflags (struct imclient *imclient, intflags); char* imclient_servername (struct imclient *imclient); void imclient_addcallback (struct imclient * imclient ,...); void imclient_send (struct imclient *imclient, void (*finishproc)(), void *finishrock, const char *fmt, ...); void imclient_getselectinfo (struct imclient *imclient, int *fd, int * wanttowrite); void imclient_processoneevent (struct imclient *imclient); int imclient_authenticate (struct imclient *imclient, struct sasl_client **availmech, const char *service, const char *user, int protal- lowed); int imclient_havetls (); int imclient_starttls (struct imclient *imclient, char *cert_file, char *key_file, char *CAfile, char *CApath); DESCRIPTION
The imclient library functions are distributed with Cyrus IMAP and IMSP. These functions are used for building IMAP/IMSP client software. These functions handle Kerberos authentication and can set callbacks based on the keyword in untagged replies or based on the command tag at the end of command replies. Users must link with the -lcyrus switch, and must supply a function called fatal to be called in case of any error within libcyrus.a. All of the imclient functions begin with the prefix imclient and takes an argument of type struct imclient * as the first argument which is initialized by imclient_connect and freed by imclient_close. See below for a description of each function. imclient_connect() Connects the client server to the host. If successful, it returns 0 and sets the imclient argument to a pointer to an imclient struct. The imclient struct represents the current connection, flags, and callbacks. On failure, the current errno is returned if a system call failed, -1 is returned if the host name was not found, and -2 is returned if the service name was not found. imclient_close() Closes and frees the imclient connection. imclient_setflags() Sets the flags specified by the flags argument on the imclient connection. Currently the only flag allowed is IMCLIENT_CONN_NONSYN- CLITERAL (this flag indicates that the server supports non-synchronizing literals described by the LITERAL+ extension). imclient_clearflags() Clears the flags specified by the flags argument on the imclient connection. imclient_servername() Returns a char * pointer to the name of the server connected to by imclient. imclient_addcallback() Adds an untagged data callback to the imclient connection. The function imclient_addcallback takes callbacks of the type imclient_proc_t which is defined to be: typedef void imclient_proc_t (struct imclient *imclient, void *rock, struct imclient_reply *reply); and struct imclient_reply * is defined to be: struct imclient_reply { char *keyword; long msgno; char *text; }; After the first argument imclient, there can be zero or more instances of the set of keyword, flags, proc, and rock, each adding or changing a single callback. Each instance adds or changes the callback for keyword. The argument, flags, specifies information about the parsing of the untagged data. proc and rock specify the callback function and rock to invoke when the untagged data is received. proc may be a null pointer, in which case no function is invoked. The callback function may not call the functions imclient_close(), imclient_send(), imclient_eof(), imclient_processoneevent(), or imclient_authenticate() on the connection. The call- back function may over write the text of untagged data. imclient_send() Sends a new command to the imclient connection. finishproc and finnishrock are the function and rock called when the command com- pletes. functionproc may be a null pointer, in which case no callback is made. The call back function may not call the functions imclient_close(), imclient_send(), imclient_eof(), imclient_processoneevent(), or imclient_authenticate() on the connection. The argument, fmt , is a print like specification of the command. It must not include the tag as the tag is automatically added by imclient_send(). The defined %-sequences are: %% for % %a for an IMAP atom %s for an astring (which will be quoted or literalized as needed) %d for a decimal %u for an unsigned decimal %v for #astring (argument is a null-terminated array of char * which are written as space separated astrings) imclient_getselectinfo() Gets the information for calling select(2). fd is filled in with the file descriptor to select(2) for read. wanttowrite is filled in with a nonzero value if select should be used for write as well. imclient_processoneevent() Processes one input or output event on the imclient connection. imclient_authenticate() Authenticates the imclient connection using one of the mechanisms in availmech. The argument, user, if not NULL, specifies the user to authenticate as. If the user is NULL, the current user is used. The argument protallowed is a bitmask of permissible protection mechanisms. On success, 0 is returned. On failure (i.e., "BAD" keyboard, or no authentication mechanisms worked), 1 is returned. On extreme fail- ure (premature "OK"), 2 is returned. imclient_havetls() Returns a Boolean indicating whether the imclient library was compiled with TLS (SSL) support. If so, imclient_starttls() may be used to secure the IMAP connection. imclient_starttls() Issues a STARTTLS command on an existing IMAP connection and negotiates the secure link. The cert_file and key_file arguments specify the client certificate and secret key to use to authenticate ourselves to the server. If client authentication is not needed, set both of these arguments to NULL. The CAfile and CApath arguments specify a file or directory, respectively, of CA certificates for validating server certificates. (See SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(3) for details.) If both of these are NULL, the client will be unable to validate the server's certificate, in which case the connection may succeed but a warning will be printed to stdout. EXAMPLES
The following code is a possible skeletion of imclient that relies on Kerberos to do authentication. This code preforms an IMAP CAPABILITY request and prints out the result. struct sasl_client; #include <cyrus/xmalloc.h> /* example uses xstrdup */ #include <cyrus/sasl.h> #include <cyrus/imclient.h> #include <stdio.h> extern struct sasl_client krb_sasl_client; struct sasl_client *login_sasl_client[] = { &krb_sasl_client, NULL }; struct imclient *imclient; char server[] = "cyrus.andrew.cmu.edu" ; char port[] = "imap"; void fatal(char* message, int rc) { fprintf(stderr, "fatal error: %s ", message); exit(rc); } static void callback_capability(struct imclient *imclient, void *rock, struct imclient_reply *reply) { if (reply->text != NULL) { *((char**)rock) = xstrdup( reply->text ); } } static void end_command (struct imclient *connection, void* rock, struct imclient_reply *inmsg) { (*(int*)rock)--; } main() { char* capability_string; int nc; if (imclient_connect(&imclient, server, port)) { fprintf(stderr, "error: Couldn't connect to %s %s ", server, port); exit(1); } if (imclient_authenticate(imclient, login_sasl_client, "imap" /* service */, NULL /* user */, SASL_PROT_ANY)) { exit(1); } imclient_addcallback(imclient, "CAPABILITY", CALLBACK_NOLITERAL, callback_capability, &capability_string, NULL); nc = 1; imclient_send(imclient, end_command, (void*) &nc, "CAPABILITY"); while(nc > 0) { imclient_processoneevent(imclient); } if (strstr("LITERAL+", capability_string)) { imclient_setflags(imclient, IMCLIENT_CONN_NONSYNCLITERAL); } imclient_send(imclient, NULL, NULL, "LOGOUT"); imclient_close(imclient); printf("capability text is: %s ", capability_string); free(capability_string); } BUGS
No known bugs. SEE ALSO
cyradm, imapd, imspd, RFC2033 (IMAP LITERAL+ extension), RFC2060 (IMAP4rev1 specification), and select(2) KEYWORDS
IMAP, ACAP, IMSP, Kerberos, Authentication CMU
Project Cyrus IMCLIENT(3)