Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do I copy from windows clipboard into VI session? Post 302769457 by gary_w on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 10:33:50 AM
Old 02-12-2013
I see your sed, and raise you a find. This will add the contents of "/path/to/file.addition" to the top of every file found.
Code:
find . -name /files/to/edit -exec ksh -c 'cat /path/to/file.addition $1 > $1.changed' _ {} \;

It should use xargs instead if the list returned is too big.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automatic login from windows by a telnet session

Help me please, I wanna know if it's possible to define in windows the option when somebody starts a telnetsession to a unix machine it automatically logs in with the username and password of this user. Or if there is a possibility to set the username and password to an Icon on the users... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herwin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic Copy of File Contents to Clipboard

Could someone show me how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard automatically without manually selecting its contents? I just want to press the "Paste Key" to show the results. I wish to use this in a ksh script. I'm using Solaris. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy text from a file from VI editor to Windows clipboard

Copy text from a file from VI editor to Windows clipboard, I mean copy entire file in vi editor to notepad. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
13 Replies

4. Solaris

NXClient/x-windows session without graphical workstation

I will preface this question with it has been a long time since I worked on Solaris and even then I wasn't that good :-) I have a Solaris server at my fingertips and I would like to test running multiple instances of an open source EMR (Java Swing application) from the server over the WAN. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caultonpos
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xserver connect and run CDE session from Windows PC

Hope someone can help. I have 5 Unix Tru64 ver 4.0/5.1B, boxes and I'm trying to connect and run CDE session from my PC. I have tried using Reflections, and Xming with no luck. Can someone tell me what exactly needs to be running on the Tru64 boxes in order for this to work. Along with what or how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Troberts50
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy entire contents of file to clipboard

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to copy the contents of a file to the clipboard, then paste into a command. i.e copy contents of file /path/filename.txt to <command> <paste text> Hope that makes sense. Basically tryting to copy the text for use in a command without having to open the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCA70
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xterm configuration : how to copy/paste in the CLIPBOARD

Hi, I can paste what is in the CLIPBOARD but I can't get xterm copy. and in fact I think I'm not able to select well with the cursor (I don't want to use the mouse)... here is my ~/.Xresources file : XTerm*highlightSelection: true XTerm*VT100.translations: #override \n\ None ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

IPerf and windows copy

Hi, Some of my backups were running slow, so i decided to use iperf to check network throughput. Between 2 windows systems (on the same switch) i got about 1-2MB. However, when i tried to copy some files from the on windows server to the other i got around 10-12MB. This is over a 1Gig link. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 : command to copy text to the clipboard.

I'm searching a command to copy text to the clipboard. xclip and xsel are commands which are available on several kind Linux and Unix OS, but is unfortenuately not available on solaris 10. REF : xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/x/general/xwin12-Xclipboard/single/ clipboard of openSolaris is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: droopy4u
9 Replies
PASTE(1)							   User Commands							  PASTE(1)

NAME
paste - merge lines of files SYNOPSIS
paste [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Write lines consisting of the sequentially corresponding lines from each FILE, separated by TABs, to standard output. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -d, --delimiters=LIST reuse characters from LIST instead of TABs -s, --serial paste one file at a time instead of in parallel --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David M. Ihnat and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report paste bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report paste translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for paste is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and paste programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'paste invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.12.197-032bb September 2011 PASTE(1)