Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running processes
Operating Systems Linux Running processes Post 302769387 by batas on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 05:34:48 AM
Old 02-12-2013
thanks for the reply... so meaning if i have 5 users who runs a cronjob at the same time i 5 cron processes will also run?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running two processes in background

hi there, here's what i need in my korn-shell: ... begin korn-shell script ... nohup process_A.ksh ; nohup process_B.ksh & ... "other stuff" ... end lorn-shell script in plain english i want process A and process B to run in the background so that the script can continue doing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob_gs
6 Replies

2. Programming

getting certain info for all processes currently running

i am writing a utility that displays information about all the running processes in the /proc directory. I do not know how to get the following information for each of the processes in the /proc directory: -effective user id -effective user name -effective group id -effective group name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yifan_Guo
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find all processes that are running

Hi i've been googling a lot but can't find an answer. All I would like to know is how to find out all processes that are running on a machine. I know ps gives all YOUR processes. thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedieB
9 Replies

4. Programming

parsing currently running processes

Hey guys, I'm writing a monitoring program that reads the pattern and the max and min number of instances of a process and then proceeds to parse the currently running processes for the pattern. I just want to know how I should go about this. I'll give you an idea of the flow of the program:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

running processes with no hang up

Can we run a script in nohup which calls another script in nohup. eg Script1.sh #Script1 start nohup script2.sh . . . #end script1.sh Now can I do this nohup script1.sh Also is all scheduled processes (crontab entries) will run as nohup? Would appreciate if any one can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakyaj
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitoring running processes

I have a script that runs continuously and will deliver a file to multiple servers via scp. On occasions one of the scp's will hang and as a result not complete in sending the remaining files and not loop around again. If I run the scp commands with a & they'll complete, but I want to make sure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with running processes script

I'm doing a script with the Shell. I need that it only show the number of running processes. Ex: echo "There are `command` running processes" Thnx! Pd: Sorry the idiom. I'm spanish. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikebana
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know the running processes.

Hi can anybody help me regarding this.. i want know the output of ps -ef with explanation. how can we know the running processess. this is the output of ps -elf F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 19 T root 0 0 0 0 SY ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Running processes on GZ/LZ

Hi guys just a question is it normal to see running process on a non-global zone in the global zone... processes such as cron. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batas
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Running Processes

I want to check how many processes are running with same names and get their respective counts. ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort -u | awk '{print $2": "$1}' Output would look like : $ ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
8 Replies
CRONTABS(4)						      Crontabs users' Manual						       CRONTABS(4)

NAME
crontabs - configuration and scripts for running periodical jobs SYNOPSIS
run-parts [--list|--test]<directory> DESCRIPTION
Crontabs is a historical name for the run-parts script and the system crontab. The run-parts script runs all executables in the specified directory. Run-parts runs all executables in the specified directory. The execution of files can be allowed or denied by creating file jobs.allow or jobs.deny which worked similar as other allow/deny config files. The file must be created in the specified directory. --list print names of all files (not limited to executables), but don't run them. This option can't be used with test option. --test print names of files, which would be run. Randomization of jobs can be configured in the /etc/sysconfig/run-parts file. To enable randomization of jobs, set the RANDOMIZE parameter to 1 and set the RANDOM parameter to an integer which determines a random seed. Additionally, you may configure the RAN- DOMTIME parameter (again, by specifying an integer) to provide an additional level of randomization. Jobs are not randomized when the RANDOM and RANDOMTIME parameters are set to 0. Values in these two parameters must be set to 1 or larger to provide a good enough randomization. Randomization of cron jobs can be useful for shared networks, where multiple cron jobs executed at once can cause spikes in traffic, especially during daily jobs. With randomized jobs, the workload is evenly distributed throughout the day. EXAMPLE OF CONFIGURATION FILE
RANDOMIZE=1 RANDOM=4 RANDOMTIME=8 Historically the crontab file contained configuration which called run-parts on files in cron.{daily,weekly,monthly} directories. These jobs are now run indirectly through anacron to prevent conflicts between cron and anacron. That means the anacron package has to be installed if the jobs in these directories should be running. Refer to the anacron(8) how to limit the time of day of the job execution. EXAMPLE
/etc/cron.daily/jobs.deny could contain for example 0logwatch which forbid execution of this script. SEE ALSO
anacron(8), crontab(5) Marcela Malaova 2012-08-29 CRONTABS(4)