Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Backup Shell Script Post 302768963 by JimCarrey on Sunday 10th of February 2013 11:04:50 PM
Old 02-11-2013
Hello.

Thank you for your help, more I don't understand nothing of Linux.
Only a few Putty commands nothing but.
I am asking for someone to create the script that does what it said.
I know it's ugly ask that, actually I know nothing about Linux.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with a backup shell script

I'm having an issue with a problem A problem with this backup script is that if you backup the same file twice, you may get a warning message because you're overwriting an existing file. You could suppress the warning message, but a better solution is to save a series of backups distinguished by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dingosatemypant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a backup shell script

am writing my very first shell script and need some assistance. What I need help on is three things in particular. 1) Do I need to use the sleep function after the tar command or does the script know to wait until tar finishes to move on to the next line? 2) Did I populate the variable DATE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhm54
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with backup shell script

Hello all, I am trying to backup my system database and root filesystem on remote server that is mounted on my system using tar command. For the database, i use (cd /database; tar cvf file.tar .) for the Root filesystem, i use (cd /; tar uEvf file.tar .) both are to be backup on the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Omoniyi
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Backup Shell Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a script that will backup all important system files every Friday night and send an email to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjmpa26
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with backup shell script

Hello, Need help with a script to backup a configuration file BSD Save the file / Firewall / ConfigFiles to a remote ftp server here is the script # / bin / sh Date = $ (date +% d-% Y-% m-H-M) tar-cvf ConfigFiles.tar / Firewall / ConfigFiles ConfigFiles.tar mv / Firewall-$... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: telouet
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to backup

Q: script to daily backup all databases in the server, retain only last 4 backps please anyone give me a reply (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssooraj72
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need to print the first date of the previous month in 20130101 format. i use the below script month_year=$(date +'%m%Y' | awk '!--$1{$1=12;$2--}') m=${month_year% *} y=$month_year##* } d=$(cal $m $y | paste -s - | awk '{print $NF}') firstdate=${printf '02d01%s' $y $m) echo $firstdate ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vino1989
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dear friends, I need your help. I need to create a bash script which can loop through $source_dir once a month, and find the backup of the last day of a given month for each of the 2 file types, as can be seen below. Assume that source_dir="/backup/daily" Assume that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joemb
1 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timeing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), replay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux