Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to calculate the total number of weeks from a specify year? Post 302764137 by rayray2013 on Thursday 31st of January 2013 03:27:31 AM
Old 01-31-2013
calculate the total number of week from 01 Jan 2012 to current date.
Thx!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How many weeks in a year

Hi, I search how i could do to find if a year (for example 2004, 1989, 2058) has 52 or 53 weeks... Have you a idea for me please??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Castelior
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculate directory size by year of file

I need to calcualte the size of a directory by the year the files in that directory were created . For example the script will sum up, by year, the number of blocks for that directory and its' subdirectories for files created / accessed in that year. I need a report that would look like... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sum total number of record and total number of record problem asking

Input file SFSQW 5192.56 HNRNPK 611.486 QEQW 1202.15 ASDR 568.627 QWET 6382.11 SFSQW 4386.3 HNRNPK 100 SFSQW 500 Desired output file SFSQW 10078.86 3 QWET 6382.11 1 QEQW 1202.15 1 HNRNPK 711.49 2 ASDR 568.63 1 The way I tried: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to calcuate total number of weeks?

Hi anyone can help? How to calculate total number of weeks from a specify date, for example, 01 Jan 2012. Thx! https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rayray2013
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the total

Hi All , I have the following script as below , I tried to modify to meet the requirement , could someone help ? very thanks ================================================================================================ while read STR NAME; do Total=0 MyString="$STR" GetData () {... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best way to increment weeks based on fiscal start year

Hi Folks - I'm looking for the best way to to increment fiscal weeks - allow me to explain. At my one client, 10/01/17 was the beginning if year fiscal year 2018. Each week, I need to manage a unique set of variable that are updated in my application - they are called substitution variables.... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
31 Replies

9. Solaris

How to calculate total number of cores on my servers ?

Hi, I want to get total number of cores on my all non-global zones on Solaris 10. I got two methods and both are giving different results. Below link is a script, which tells me that total cores are 8 Mandalika's scratchpad: Oracle Solaris: Show Me the CPU, vCPU, Core Counts and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
4 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-3hjry] [-A after] [-B before] [-d day-of-week] [-R reform-spec] [[month] year] DESCRIPTION
cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -3 Same as ``-A 1 -B 1''. -A after Display after months after the specified month. -B before Display before months before the specified month. -d day-of-week Specifies the day of the week on which the calendar should start. Valid values are 0 through 6, presenting Sunday through Saturday, inclusively. The default output starts on Sundays. -h Highlight the current day, if present in the displayed calendar. If output is to a terminal, then the appropriate terminal sequences are used, otherwise overstriking is used. If more than one -h is used and output is to a terminal, the current date will be high- lighted in inverse video instead of bold. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -R reform-spec Selects an alternate Gregorian reform point from the default of September 3rd, 1752. The reform-spec can be selected by one of the built-in names (see NOTES for a list) or by a date of the form YYYY/MM/DD. The date and month may be omitted, provided that what is specified uniquely selects a given built-in reform point. If an exact date is specified, then that date is taken to be the first missing date of the Gregorian Reform to be applied. -r Display the month in which the Gregorian Reform adjustment was applied, if no other month or year information is given. If used in conjunction with -y, then the entire year is displayed. -y Display a calendar for the current year. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A single parameter specifies the year and optionally the month in ISO format: ``cal 2007-12'' Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. Note that the century must be included in the year. A year starts on Jan 1. NOTES
In the USA and Great Britain the Gregorian Reformation occurred in 1752. By this time, most countries had recognized the reformation (although a few did not recognize it until the 1900's.) Eleven days following September 2, 1752 were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. In view of the chaotic way the Gregorian calendar was adopted throughout the world in the years between 1582 and 1928 make sure to take into account the date of the Gregorian Reformation in your region if you are checking a calendar for a very old date. cal has a decent built-in list of Gregorian Reform dates and the names of the countries where the reform was adopted: Italy Oct. 5, 1582 Denmark Feb. 19, 1700 Spain Oct. 5, 1582 Great Britain Sep. 3, 1752 Portugal Oct. 5, 1582 Sweden Feb. 18, 1753 Poland Oct. 5, 1582 Finland Feb. 18, 1753 France Dec. 12, 1582 Japan Dec. 20, 1872 Luxembourg Dec. 22, 1582 China Nov. 7, 1911 Netherlands Dec. 22, 1582 Bulgaria Apr. 1, 1916 Bavaria Oct. 6, 1583 U.S.S.R. Feb. 1, 1918 Austria Jan. 7, 1584 Serbia Jan. 19, 1919 Switzerland Jan. 12, 1584 Romania Jan. 19, 1919 Hungary Oct. 22, 1587 Greece Mar. 10, 1924 Germany Feb. 19, 1700 Turkey Dec. 19, 1925 Norway Feb. 19, 1700 Egypt Sep. 18, 1928 The country known as Great Britain can also be referred to as England since that has less letters and no spaces in it. This is meant only as a measure of expediency, not as a possible slight to anyone involved. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
December 21, 2007 BSD