Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output Post 302763425 by Optimus81 on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 03:40:14 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Thanks for the reply bipinajith.

but when i try to execute the code it's report error at line number 10 ie,

Code:
root@OPT# ./output.sh
awk: syntax error near line 10
awk: illegal statement near line 10
awk: syntax error near line 10
awk: illegal statement near line 10

Error line is :
Code:
printf "| %s ",$0; getline; s=$0; sub(/:.*/,"",s); (s=="Passed")?++p:++f; printf " : %s |\n", s;

not able to figure it out what's wrong in the above line.

Apart from that,

I have another question, from the above line i can see you are comparing "s" with Passed, how about "Failed" . does it print Passed or Failed string. If i want to display "No Result" if it's not Passed or Failed then how to incoporate that in the above line.

Will it be possible to add the color code for "Passed"/"Failed"/"No Result" as green/red/blue in the tabular output ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate tabular output from an input text file in unix shell scripting

Hi, I have the output (as below) which i want it to be in a table. For e.g. space utilization in PSE on path /logs is 0% space utilization in PSE on path /logs/tuxedo/tuxlsp is 16% space utilization in PSE on path /ldvarlsp/lsp/log is 37% space utilization in PSE on path /home is 6%... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data into tabular form

Hi I am having a file which is required to be presented in the under-noted output form. Please suggest. Input: Kapil: apple 4 banana 6 cherry 0 Manoj: apple 13 banana cheery 2 Output: apple banana cherry Kapil: 4 6 0 Manoj: 13 2 Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Put data in tabular form..

Dear Friends, I have a file as under : +++ ME 12-06-13 18:16:20 A RED FEW AND ROW1 1MN FEL AS HI FI BV LR TS HR ES MR * 0 13296 0 120 1 15 KS RR 10 0 +++ ME 12-06-13 18:26:20 A RED FEW AND ROW2 1MN FEL AS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command output in tabular format

I have a grep command script which works fine and give the correct results but i wanted the output to be displayed in tabular format ? Is it possible to display the output in tabular format and as well direct them to some file. main script : #!/usr/bin/bash Start_Time=`date '+%m%d%y... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dispaying output in tabular form

hi, I have a script which is dispaying the output as below: Column 3:value1 Column 4:value 4 column 8:value 8 column 9:value 9 column 13:value 13 Column 3:value10 Column 4:value 40 column 8:value 80 column 9:value 90 column 13:value 103 However,I need the output in tabular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies
SEIVOT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SEIVOT(1)

NAME
seivot - benchmark backup application (obnam) SYNOPSIS
seivot [--benchmark-fsck] [--config=FILE] [--description=TEXT] [--drop-caches] [--dump-config] [--dump-memory-profile=METHOD] [--dump-setting-names] [--encrypt-with=KEYID] [--file-size=SIZE] [--generate-manpage=TEMPLATE] [--generations=COUNT] [-h] [--help] [--incremental-data=SIZE] [--initial-data=SIZE] [--larch-branch=LARCH-BRANCH] [--list-config-files] [--log=FILE] [--log-keep=N] [--log-level=LEVEL] [--log-max=SIZE] [--log-mode=MODE] [--no-default-configs] [--obnam-branch=OBNAM-BRANCH] [--obnam-config=FILE] [--obnam-profile=NAMEPATTERN] [--output=FILE] [--profile-name=PROFILE-NAME] [--program=PROGRAM] [--sftp-delay=SFTP-DELAY] [--use-existing=DIR] [--use-sftp-repository] [--use-sftp-root] [--verify] [--version] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
seivot benchmarks a backup application. It has been written primarily for obnam(1), but could be extended for other backup applications. seivot generates some live data using genbackupdata(1), and then runs the backup application. It then generates some more live data, and runs a second backup generation, etc. It stores the measurements in an output file. See seivots-summary(1) for a tool to show data from such files in a tabular fashion. (seivot does not itself show the tabular data, because one is rarely interested in the output from just one run, and instead wants to contrast it with other runs). OPTIONS
--benchmark-fsck benchmark fsck? --config=FILE add FILE to config files --description=TEXT free-form description of this backup run --drop-caches clear Linux kernel cache before running commands (will ask for sudo pasword --dump-config write out the entire current configuration --dump-memory-profile=METHOD make memory profiling dumps using METHOD, which is one of: none, simple, meliae, or heapy (default: simple) --dump-setting-names write out all names of settings and quit --encrypt-with=KEYID encrypt backups with KEYID --file-size=SIZE size of files to create --generate-manpage=TEMPLATE fill in manual page TEMPLATE --generations=COUNT total number of generations to measure (5) -h, --help show this help message and exit --incremental-data=SIZE add SIZE live data for additional generations (1024) --initial-data=SIZE size of initial live data (1024) --larch-branch=LARCH-BRANCH bzr branch from which to use larch (default is installed larch) --list-config-files list all possible config files --log=FILE write log entries to FILE (default is to not write log files at all); use "syslog" to log to system log, or "none" to disable log- ging --log-keep=N keep last N logs (10) --log-level=LEVEL log at LEVEL, one of debug, info, warning, error, critical, fatal (default: debug) --log-max=SIZE rotate logs larger than SIZE, zero for never (default: 0) --log-mode=MODE set permissions of new log files to MODE (octal; default 0600) --no-default-configs clear list of configuration files to read --obnam-branch=OBNAM-BRANCH bzr branch from which to run obnam (default is installed obnam) --obnam-config=FILE use FILE as an Obnam configuration file --obnam-profile=NAMEPATTERN store Python profiling output in files named after NAMEPATTERN (no profiling, unless set); %(foo)s in pattern gets filled in, where foo is op (for backup/restore/etc), gen, or order (cumulative/time) --output=FILE write output to FILE, instead of standard output --profile-name=PROFILE-NAME name of backup use-case profile name (for documentation purposes only) --program=PROGRAM program to benchmark (obnam) --sftp-delay=SFTP-DELAY add an artificial delay (in milliseconds) to all SFTP transfers --use-existing=DIR use exiting DIR for initial generation --use-sftp-repository access backup repository over the network via sftp --use-sftp-root access backup repository over the network via sftp --verify verify restored data --version show program's version number and exit EXAMPLE
To run a simple benchmark: seivot --initial-data=10G --incremental-data=1G SEE ALSO
seivots-summary(1), obnam(1). SEIVOT(1)