Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Revision Control System
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Revision Control System Post 302763241 by MichaelFelt on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 06:50:51 PM
Old 01-29-2013
if RCS is able to make the change in one direction it should be able to make it in the other.

I suspect RCS is not using the crown() system call, but chgrp (). If your problem is group membership then you can use chgrp command if you are a member of the group.

hope this helps

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid control vs scsi for operating system

I was trying to get a server using a raid controller card up and running. I could not get the card configured right so i just installed the system strait onto a scsi drive. Questions? Is is nescessary to have the operating system on raid? Pros/Cons Is it really difficult to go back later... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Control system

I want to check system memory Usage of CPU and disk and report number of free disk block in Sun Solaris How can I do Help me thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
2 Replies

3. Programming

Revision Control Sw

Hi All, Please let me know any freeware revision control software name and URL. Any response is highly appreciated. OS: Solaris 5.10 Thanks, Naga:cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision doc?

Dear All, I am going to examine SA202 but I got SA-202-S10 revision A.1 so it might be out of date. Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision document? Could you share it ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operating System Revision Level

Hi i am trying to find the operating system revsion level and know i can use the 'uname -a' commmand i just wanted to know what part of the output displays this? Also what command can i use to display the cpu run queue? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warlock129
1 Replies

6. Solaris

root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)

I have message "root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)" after Solaris 10 boots up. Why it appears ? thx for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

7. AIX

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected Help me what do I do? Если знаете русскии, пишите на нем. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islily
2 Replies
CHGRP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CHGRP(1)

NAME
chgrp -- change group SYNOPSIS
chgrp [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] group file ... DESCRIPTION
The chgrp utility sets the group ID of the file named by each file operand to the group ID specified by the group operand. The following options are available: -f The force option ignores errors, except for usage errors and doesn't query about strange modes (unless the user does not have proper permissions). -H If the -R option is specified, symbolic links on the command line are followed. (Symbolic links encountered in the tree traversal are not followed). -h If the file is a symbolic link, the group ID of the link itself is changed rather than the file that is pointed to. -L If the -R option is specified, all symbolic links are followed. -P If the -R option is specified, no symbolic links are followed. This is the default. Use -h to change the group ID of a symbolic link. -R Change the group ID for the file hierarchies rooted in the files instead of just the files themselves. -v Cause chgrp to be verbose, showing files as the group is modified. The -H, -L and -P options are ignored unless the -R option is specified. In addition, these options override each other and the command's actions are determined by the last one specified. The group operand can be either a group name from the group database, or a numeric group ID. If a group name is also a numeric group ID, the operand is used as a group name. The user invoking chgrp must belong to the specified group and be the owner of the file, or be the super-user. DIAGNOSTICS
The chgrp utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. COMPATIBILITY
In previous versions of this system, symbolic links did not have groups. The -v option is non-standard and its use in scripts is not recommended. FILES
/etc/group group ID file SEE ALSO
chown(2), fts(3), group(5), passwd(5), symlink(7), chown(8) STANDARDS
The chgrp utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BSD
March 31, 1994 BSD