Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy down remote files and rename them to include the server name with full path Post 302763145 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 03:35:14 PM
Old 01-29-2013
You probably have a blank line in the new.list file try:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
set -x

OLDIFS=$IFS
IFS=":"
while read server filepath
do
  [ -n "$filepath" ] && scp -t "$server:$filepath" $server${filepath//\//_}
done < new.list
IFS=$OLDIFS

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files in remote server via ftp

Hi All, I want to rename set of files in the remote server which iam unable to do . i can rename only one file at a time . for example ftp $REMOTESERVER { rename $NAME1 $NAME2 } is working whereas ftp $REMOTESERVER { rename $NAME1*.dat $NAME2*.data } is not working ...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from remote server

Hi Friends, Could you please help me as per my requirement mentioned below ? I have to copy files from one unix server to another unix server, and the files that i need to copy from the remote server are only those which are modified/created Today from abc directory on the remote server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramask
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I copy files on remote server with ftp ?

I just realize the only way is to download and upload again.. is not possible to copy them remotely with the ftp protocol ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

make file (include files path)

Hi All, In make file i want to include header files from my local directory and if it did not find in local directory i want to include from network directory. can any help me how i can do this?. here is the code INCLUDE=${include}/ this is point to network dir how i can add option that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goraya430
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking files in remote server and decide to copy file or not

Hi there, I have a problem in my script, I need to check whether file exists in remote server or not, if the file exists, then stop copy else copy the file to the server.. my code is something like this while read $server do if ssh $server "cd $directory_name; if ; then echo "Error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beezy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy files from remote server to local?

Hi experts, I 'm newbie to unix world, now I have task to copy the latest files from remote server to my local. I believe this must be very common request in this community. I want you do it one more time for me please. My requirement is something like this: I receive files in the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename (move) multiple files on remote server using sftp

I want to rename (move) multiple files on remote server. I tried the following command to move all TXT files from my_dir directory to /new_dir. But it does not work. Any help? #!/bin/ksh sftp -dev3 << ABC cd my_dir $(for i in TXT; do echo "ls *.$i" ; rename $x /new_dir/$x;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soham
1 Replies
VERSION:(1)							   User Commands						       VERSION:(1)

NAME
PyNAST - alignment of short DNA sequences SYNOPSIS
pynast [options] {-i input_fp -t template_fp} DESCRIPTION
[] indicates optional input (order unimportant) {} indicates required input (order unimportant) Example usage: pynast -i my_input.fasta -t my_template.fasta OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -t TEMPLATE_FP, --template_fp=TEMPLATE_FP path to template alignment file [REQUIRED] -i INPUT_FP, --input_fp=INPUT_FP path to input fasta file [REQUIRED] -v, --verbose Print status and other information during execution [default: False] -p MIN_PCT_ID, --min_pct_id=MIN_PCT_ID minimum percent sequence identity to consider a sequence a match [default: 75.0] -l MIN_LEN, --min_len=MIN_LEN minimum sequence length to include in NAST alignment [default: 1000] -m PAIRWISE_ALIGNMENT_METHOD, --pairwise_alignment_method=PAIRWISE_ALIGNMENT_METHOD method for performing pairwise alignment [default: uclust] -a FASTA_OUT_FP, --fasta_out_fp=FASTA_OUT_FP path to store resulting alignment file [default: derived from input filepath] -g LOG_FP, --log_fp=LOG_FP path to store log file [default: derived from input filepath] -f FAILURE_FP, --failure_fp=FAILURE_FP path to store file of seqs which fail to align [default: derived from input filepath] -e MAX_E_VALUE, --max_e_value=MAX_E_VALUE Depreciated. Will be removed in PyNAST 1.2 -d BLAST_DB, --blast_db=BLAST_DB Depreciated. Will be removed in PyNAST 1.2 SEE ALSO
http://pynast.sourceforge.net Version: pynast 1.1 August 2011 VERSION:(1)