Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script? Post 302763083 by Yoda on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 01:33:56 PM
Old 01-29-2013
What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date increment in the format "YYYYMMDD"

Hi all, I want to increment the date which is in the format "YYYYMMDD". ex: If the date is 20010601 Increment should be: 20010602, 20010603 etc., Any help will be much appreciated. Many Thanks and Regards, Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert mmddyy date format to ccyyddd format??

hi, for reading a cobol indexed file i need to convert "mmddyy" date format to "ccyyddd" format. i checked the datecalc and other scripts but couldnt modify them to cater to my need:(... The datecalc gives an output which i believe is the total days till that date, but i want to convert it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output from the file to extract "date" section

Hello Team , I have to extract date section from the below file output. The output of the file is as shown below. I have to extract the "" this section from the above output of the file. can anyone please let me know how can we acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to use 'expect' to pass UID & Password to a "for loop" in shell script?

Friends, Need someone's help in helping me with the below requirement for a script: > For a list of servers(over 100+), I need to login into each of them(cannot configure password-less ssh) & grab few configuration details < I know, this is possible through expect programming in a simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use 'expect' to pass UID & Password to a "for loop" in shell script?

Friends, Need someone's help in helping me with the below requirement for a script: > For a list of servers(over 100+), I need to login into each of them(cannot configure password-less ssh) & grab few configuration details < I know, this is possible through expect programming in a simple... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop breaking when using "ssh" command inside

Hi , I am trying to read a list of hosts from a config file and trying to get file list from that host. For this I have used one while loop. cat "$ARCHIVE_CFG_FILE" | sed '/^$/d' | sed '/^#/d' | while read ARCHIVE_CFG do SOURCE_SERVER_NAME=`echo "$ARCHIVE_CFG" | awk -F '|' '{ print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - How to do a "read -p" inside a while loop?

Hi there guys! I was trying to do: while read line; do if ; then read -p "Press Enter to continue..." cont=0 fi echo $line let cont++ done < file.txt However, I have read that the read -p would not work in a while loop... I was wondering if there is any other way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rplae
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
DP(8)								     [nmh-1.5]								     DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)