Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extracting part of a word
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extracting part of a word Post 302762277 by JenniferTopham on Monday 28th of January 2013 10:00:38 AM
Old 01-28-2013
If I have a file that contains multiple lines of the same format, is there a way to extract all the FG=???? at the same time and save to a new file? thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting uncommon part between two files

Hi, I need to extract the uncommon (better say incremental) part from 2 files say file_1 and file_2. file_2 contains everything that is in file_1. That is file_2 has been created internally somehow : cat file_1 temp_file > file_2 My objective is to extract the temp_file part from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting part of the basename

Hi, I was wondering if there is an easy way to strip off the required basename. I have a script called apb0110021.sh and the contents of the script are typeset -u MScript=`basename $0 | cut -d. -f1` scriptname=sys.Audit.ksh parms="PROJECT1 dsAudit $MScript 1 BEGIN" $SCRIPTS/$scriptname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting part of a string

Hi all, I have to extract only the second part of a database column (VARCHAR) and the value is seperated by a "~" xyz~ chxyz36r~ abder~000082685 mnops~000083554 fulfil302~00026 Above are some examples of the values and for each record I have to extract the value after "~" , if there is a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help extracting this part

JADE TRADER 143W MYPEN 40 HC M X10 28 7 1 0 MYPEN 20 GP X X10 15 2 1 0 MYPEN 40 GP X X10 28 7 1 0 MYPEN 20... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Extracting part of the buffer

Hi, I am trying to extract part of a line using "awk". My requirement is to extract the value $6 (which is the last parameter) from a line. As the sixth value contains some space, i am getting only part of the string. so i am trying to extract from $6 to the end of the buffer. How to do it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_k
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep part of word or Another word from a string

Hi all, FileOne family balance >>>>> 0 0 0 0 java.io.FileNotFoundException: Settings.xml (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) .. .... ..... ..... java.lang.NullPointerException ... ..... ...... Stacktrace: at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting part of a line excluding particular word from it

here is the line on which i want to process `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, it sometimes doesnt have comma at the end too `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT i want to extract all except "AUTO_INCREMENT" not only this line i ,want the code to work on any line if it has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extracting a part of a line between two patterns

Hello All, I have a text file with contents as below: contents of error.txt: message1="Reason for error code1" message2="Reason for error code2" message3="Reason for error code3. To solve this, you may try doing restart" I have a requirement where in I have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asterisk-ix_use
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a part of a string

Hi, I needed to extract some specific characters from a string based on user input. For example: After the script executes the user enters the following details: Please enter the string: This is a shell script Please enter the starting position: 11 Please enter the number of characters to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandanN
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the part of string

I have a string: 2015-04-16 07:30:05,625000 +0900 xxxx.com I just want to extract the time from the above line I am using the below syntax x=~ /(.*) (\d+)\:(\d+)\:(\d+),(.*)\.com/ $time = $2 . ':' . $3 . ':' . $4; print $time But it is not working. Can some1 please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan8810
2 Replies
QRENCODE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QRENCODE(1)

NAME
qrencode - Encode input data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. SYNOPSIS
qrencode [OPTION]... [STRING] DESCRIPTION
Libqrencode is a library for encoding data in a QR Code symbol, a kind of 2D symbology that can be scanned by handy terminals such as a mobile phone with CCD. The capacity of QR Code is up to 7000 digits or 4000 characters, and has high robustness. Qrencode is a utility software using libqrencode to encode string data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. OPTIONS
-h, --help display help message. -o FILENAME, --output=FILENAME write image to FILENAME. If '-' is specified, the result will be output to standard output. If -S is given, structured symbols are written to FILENAME-01.png, FILENAME-02.png, ... (suffix is removed from FILENAME, if specified) -s NUMBER, --size=NUMBER specify the size of dot (pixel). (default=3) -l {LMQH}, --level={LMQH} specify error collectin level from L (lowest) to H (highest). (default=L) -v NUMBER, --symversion=NUMBER specify the version of the symbol. (default=auto) -m NUMBER, --margin=NUMBER specify the width of margin. (default=4) -d NUMBER, --dpi=NUMBER specify the DPI of the generated PNG. (default=72) -t {PNG,EPS,ANSI,ANSI256}, --type={PNG,EPS,ANSI,ANSI256} specify the type of the generated image. (default=PNG) -S, --structured make structured symbols. Version must be specified. -k, --kanji assume that the input text contains kanji (shift-jis). -c, --casesensitive encode lower-case alphabet characters in 8-bit mode. (default) -i, --ignorecase ignore case distinctions and use only upper-case characters. -8, --8bit encode entire data in 8-bit mode. -k, -c and -i will be ignored. -M, --micro encode in a Micro QR Code. (experimental) -V, --version display the version number and copyrights of the qrencode. [STRING] input data. If it is not specified, data will be taken from standard input. EXAMPLES
qrencode -l L -v 1 -o output.png 'Hello, world!' encode into a symbol version 1, level L. qrencode -iSv 1 --output=output.png read standard input and encode it into a structured-appended symbols in case-insensitive mode. AUTHOR
Written by Kentaro Fukuchi. RESOURCES
Main Web Site: http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/ Source code repository: https://github.com/fukuchi/libqrencode/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2012 Kentaro Fukuchi. qrencode 3.3.0 Feb. 29, 2012 QRENCODE(1)