Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts? Post 302761821 by fusetrips on Sunday 27th of January 2013 05:42:47 AM
Old 01-27-2013
How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

Code:
#!/bin/bash
for digit in $(seq 1 10)
do 
if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null 
then 
echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP"
else
echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN"
fi 
done

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-27-2013 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active / Non Active users ?

Hey, I have few Questions : 1. How to Check/Find who all are the users accessing the server using their id ? 2. How to Check who is the active user or non active user (whose id exists but the access privileges has been removed) ? I am presently using AIX5.3 as a server. Please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
3 Replies

2. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

4. Web Development

How to find number of http connections active currently in apache web server

Hi I have a solaris 9 OS with apache web server running on top of it. i want to know how many http connections are active at any point in time. (In other words how many users are accessing my website it at any moment of time) How to get it..? hit counters are not required... ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate the total number of weeks from a specify year?

Hi anyone can help? How to calculate total number of weeks from a specify date, for example, 01 Jan 2012. Thx! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayray2013
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find number of ACTIVE SSH putty sessions, excluding where the user hopped on to a diff server

Hi - If iam logged on to server A, on 4 putty windows using SSH ... and out of these 4 logged-in sessions, in one of the sessions if i did SSH from server A to server B; i would now have 4 putty windows sessions ... of which 3 are actively logged on to Server A while 1 putty window is actively... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to calculate total number of cores on my servers ?

Hi, I want to get total number of cores on my all non-global zones on Solaris 10. I got two methods and both are giving different results. Below link is a script, which tells me that total cores are 8 Mandalika's scratchpad: Oracle Solaris: Show Me the CPU, vCPU, Core Counts and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
4 Replies
AGGREGATE-IOS(1)					      General Commands Manual						  AGGREGATE-IOS(1)

NAME
aggregate-ios - optimise a concatenated set of cisco/IOS prefix filters to help make them nice and short. SYNOPSIS
aggregate-ios <source_config >optimised_config DESCRIPTION
Takes cisco IOS configuration on stdin, and optimises any prefix filters found using aggregate(1). Optimised filters are produced on std- out. OPTIONS
None. DIAGNOSTICS
Any diagnostics produced by aggregate(1) are passed through on stderr. EXAMPLES
The following configuration fragment: ip prefix-list AS65530 description Foo, Inc ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.1.0.0/16 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.2.0.0/16 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.2.1.0/24 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.3.0.0/16 ip prefix-list AS65531 description Bar.Com ip prefix-list AS65531 seq 5 permit 192.168.1.0/24 ip prefix-list AS65531 seq 10 permit 192.168.2.0/24 ip prefix-list AS65531 seq 15 permit 192.168.0.0/19 is optimised as follows: ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.1.0.0/16 le 24 ip prefix-list AS65530 permit 10.2.0.0/15 le 24 ip prefix-list AS65531 permit 192.168.0.0/19 le 24 SEE ALSO
aggregate(1) HISTORY
Aggregate-ios was written by Joe Abley <jabley@mfnx.net>. BUGS
All those in aggregate(1) and then some :) Joe Abley 2000 November 27 AGGREGATE-IOS(1)