Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX without GUI
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX without GUI Post 302761803 by jlliagre on Sunday 27th of January 2013 04:33:19 AM
Old 01-27-2013
What do you want to do with these OSes ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GUI on UNIX

Dear friends; I have Hp9000 series of Unix servers with s800 11.0 range Can i make it GUI? I heard that if you have xinit installed on the servers you can make the servers Graphical User Interface. Is it possible to make this possible? Plz. help me out... Thanx in advance... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nileshjoshi
6 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unix GUI rendering

Does anyone know why Fonts and most Graphics in KDE and Gnome are rendered rather badly. There are some text editors in KDE where the font is just horrible as far as legible. Any links or knowledge on this topic would be grealy appreciated. A Huge Unix/Linux Fan Gregg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rp-7410 + Unix 11.0i + Gui(oracle)

I am running the above compination ..my server is HP rp7410 my operating system Unix 11.0I and my DB oracle.. my problem i cant print through GUI or any application only i can print through command line and text only ... where my problem to not print graphics is thier special config ot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalid99
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

GUI for UNIX

Help a newbie! Just wodnering if there is an application (emulator, etc...) that will be able to read UNIX commands and bring back responses on the screen in Windows-like environment. I am looking for an app that will reside on a workstation (PC) and will querry the AIX server. If anyone can help,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leok
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Unix autostart in GUI mode

hi, i'm a newbie in UNIX. i have a disk crash and re-install the unix. But the new installation does not boot the server automatically. Then i set the auto-boot to true, and it's ok. But now the system is booting in text mode. Before this, when i type boot, the system is booting in GUI mode.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwll
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GUI For UNIX

I have used FreeBSD for sometime now and i find it great lest its ACPI support My Question is for a recent laptop AMD TURION X2 2GHZ TL-60 Tyler 3GB RAM 8400M G Are there any other GUIs that is great with these specs I have been using GNOME lite I hate KDE because of the K What will i lose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weinter
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI for Unix

Hey guys Do u guyz have any idea how to create a simple GUI for unix/awk/ scripts along with facilities of input files and output files. I'm using new Macbook 10.6 macosx. I tried Xcode3(basically c++ based aslo can use python n ruby n bash) by importing shell scripts to it and connecting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX with GUI

Dear Experts, My application is running on linux, which makes me connect to lot of different servers manually through putty, and execute the commands. Is there a way, i can create a GUI, or something, where click on few buttons can be translated in to predefined commands at BE and i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
2 Replies

10. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies
TKPP(1) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   TKPP(1)

NAME
tkpp - frontend to pp written in Perl/Tk. SYNOPSIS
You just have to execute command line : tkpp DESCRIPTION
Tkpp is a GUI frontend to pp, which can turn perl scripts into stand-alone PAR files, perl scripts or executables. You can save command line generated, load and save your Tkpp configuration GUI. Below is a short explanation of tkpp GUI. Menu File -> Save command line When you build or display command line in the Tkpp GUI, you can save the command line in a separated file. This command line can be executed from a terminal. File -> Save configuration You can save your GUI configuration (all options used) to load and execute it next time. File -> Load configuration Load your saved file configuration. All saved options will be set in the GUI. File -> Exit Close Tkpp. Help -> Tkpp documentation Display POD documentation of Tkpp. Help -> pp documentation Display POD documentation of pp. Help -> About Tkpp Display version and authors of Tkpp. Help -> About pp Display version and authors of pp ( pp --version). Tabs GUI There are five tabs in GUI : General Options, Information, Size, Other Options and Output. All tabs contain all options which can be used with pp. All default pp options are kept. You can now set as you want the options. When your have finished, you can display the command line or start building your package. You will have the output tab to see error or verbose messages. NOTES
In Win32 system, the building is executed in a separate process, then the GUI is not frozen. The first time you use Tkpp, it will tell you to install some CPAN modules to use the GUI (like Tk, Tk::ColoredButton...). SEE ALSO
pp, PAR AUTHORS
Tkpp was written by Doug Gruber and rewrite by Djibril Ousmanou. In the event this application breaks, you get both pieces :-) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011 by Doug Gruber <doug(a)dougthug.com>, Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> and Djibril Ousmanou <djibel(a)cpan.org>. Neither this program nor the associated pp program impose any licensing restrictions on files generated by their execution, in accordance with the 8th article of the Artistic License: "Aggregation of this Package with a commercial distribution is always permitted provided that the use of this Package is embedded; that is, when no overt attempt is made to make this Package's interfaces visible to the end user of the commercial distribution. Such use shall not be construed as a distribution of this Package." Therefore, you are absolutely free to place any license on the resulting executable, as long as the packed 3rd-party libraries are also available under the Artistic License. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-09 TKPP(1)