Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a string from a file and store it in variable Post 302760583 by sdebasis on Thursday 24th of January 2013 09:34:20 AM
Old 01-24-2013
Hi Kamaraj,

It was my mistake.
You are right......Smilie
It should be

grep -w "Image 0" a.txt | cut -d " " -f6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract from string variable into new variables

I have a variable which consists of a string like this: 001 aaabc 44 a bbb12 How do I extract each substring, delimited by the spaces, into new variables - one for each substring? eg var1 will be 001, var2 will be aaabc, var3 will be 44, var4 will be a, etc? I've come up with this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from a string and store in variables

Hi All, Is it possible in Unix shell script to extract numbers from a string containing ".", such as; 5.2.314 And store in variables so; var1 = 5 var2 = 2 var3 = 314 Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide dave (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using GREP/AWK to extract a number and store it as a variable

Hello, I have a question regarding the awk command. Here is the line I need to grep: 1 F= -.13250138E+03 E0= -.13249556E+03 d E =-.174650E-01 mag= 35.2157 Instead of displaying the number in red I would like to store it as a variable such as X. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: modey3
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file and extract another string to a variable

Hi, guys. I have one question: I need to search for a string in a file, and then extract another string from the file and assign it to a variable. For example: the contents of the file (group) is below: ... ftp:x:23: mail:x:34 ... testing:x:2001 sales:x:2002 development:x:2003 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub-string extract between variable delimiters

I need to extract certain pieces from a string, wher delimiters may vary. For example A0 B0 C0 12345677 X0 Y0 Z0 A1-B1 C1 12345678 X1 Y0 Z0 A1/B2 C77 12345679 X2 Y0 Z0 I need to get C0 12345677 X0 C1 12345678 X1 C77 12345679 X2 I tried sed, see example below: echo 'A0 B0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for string and store last result to variable

Hi, I'm trying to search a text file for a string: "energy(sigma->0)=". To do so, I executed the grep command, which returned many matches, for example: energy without entropy = -112.16486170 energy(sigma->0) = -112.16520778 energy without entropy = -112.16488936 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwr
5 Replies

7. Programming

how to store string in variable

sorry i'm newbies c programer how to store string to variable with value flexible. example int hh=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; int xx=1; ---> value flexible 1,2,3,4,5; char test="value=%d and value=%d",hh,xx; --> not working char test2="value2=%d and value2=%d",hh,xx; --> not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slackman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file, extract two another strings and concatenate to a variable

I have a file with <suit:run date="Trump Tue 06/19/2012 11:41 AM EDT" machine="garg-ln" build="19921" level="beta" release="6.1.5" os="Linux"> Need to find word "build" then extract build number, which is 19921 also release number, which is 6.1.5 then concatenate them to one variable as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: garg
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract variable name in a string

Hi, I'm doing a script to list all scripts called by a "master" script. But I have an issue as there is some variables in the name of the called scripts. Example: % cat master_script.sh ENVIR=PROD VERSION=1.2 /users/maturix/$ENVIR/program_$VERSION.shI would like my script displays a kind... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maturix
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract data from a file and store it in a variable

Hi , I have an file like below , cat input.txt 'Pattern2' => 'blahdalskdahdlahldahdlakhdlahdlkajdlkaadasdadadadadadadasda ajlalnalndklandlaksdlkaddd' 'Pattern2' => 'aohaonalkndlanldandlandklasnldnaldnak' ............ ........ ..... Here is what am trying to do , I want to grep for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)